Florida-South Florida
Options

AW: Indian wedding clothes - PIP

So I know some of you wanted to see my various wedding ensembles ... these are two out of the three.  The third is a sari that I will wear to my religious blessing, but I don't have any pictures of that.

The first is my outfit for the henna party the night before the wedding:

It is on a hanger, and not on me, because despite taking my measurements, the shop took it in about one or two sizes too small.  I got the skirt on but I don't think I could have sat down, and the blouse won't even go on.  Grrrr.  So I have to go back to Tampa to fix everything.

Closeup of the work on the skirt:

Closeup of the work on the blouse:

And this is my punjabi to wear the morning after the reception.  I have to receive a blessing at the doorstep of FMIL's house, but I'm changing into a sari for the official puja.  This is too casual for a religious ceremony, but I can't dress myself in a sari at the hotel, so I'm wearing it until I get inside her house and can change.  It's super comfy.

Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: Indian wedding clothes - PIP

• Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEAUTIFUL!!! It's fascinating how ornate the clothing is. Love it.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, very pretty! I love all the beading and detailing! Where did you get your outfits? I'm going shopping in NJ in a few weeks.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!! I love how interesting Indian culture can be. Congrats!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Andrea! Very beautiful clothes!!! Im not proud to say this and im partly kidding but If I crashed a ceremony it would totally be yours!!! LOL
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll go with you Jen! It woud be soooo cool to see everything and be part of an Indian wedding.. they definitely look like so much fun!
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dresses!  Hoping to have the same luck when I go dress shopping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Love it!! i love all the colors and detail

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls!  I'm so excited to wear them ... it's like playing dress-up!

Priya, I got the lehenga choli at Prerana's Beauty Boutique in Tampa.  They have some of the most elegant, up-to-date things I've seen in FL, but I can't recommend them unequivocally because of the tailoring mistakes they made.  That said, their stuff is worth taking a look at.  The punjabi is from Ruby's in Sunrise.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'm heading to NJ for Indian dress shopping and if I can't find anything, I'll head to Tampa! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards