Florida-South Florida
Options

MUA Trial Tip

I recently did a hair/mua trial.  The lady owns her company.  As far as I know, if she owns her own company, I do not need to tip.  So I didn't for the trial.  But should I for the day of?

The thing is, on my invoice for the big day she put a "gratuity" for 15% and "suggested gratuity" for 20%.  Is this the norm?

Re: MUA Trial Tip

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes. My MUA owns her company and she requires an additional 20% on top of the cost of her services. This is for travel and to pay her assistants. I also tipped on my hair and make up trial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the norm was that we didn't have to tip for the trial if they own their own company, but do have to tip on the actual wedding day. My hair/makeup artist didn't specify in the contract, but I was planning to tip her 15-20% the day of.
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Priya. I didn't tip for the trial because she owns her own company. She did such a great job that I decided I would tip her the day of the wedding. But I don't think its something that is required & should not be part of the contract.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards