Florida-South Florida
Options

just need ideas on pricing

Hi ladies,

I trying to figure out a realistic budget for our wedding. I have the venue and caterer already, as well as my dress. I was just wondering how much the DJ, officiant, and bouquets (bridal and two bridesmaids) usually run in Broward. I just need figures to crunch numbers and online searches seem to vary by location.
THANKS!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: just need ideas on pricing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know the prospect of doing searches may scare you a bit but to know what you can afford you need to look at your overall budget and  maybe use the knot budgeter so it can tell you what you have left to spend..based on that you can talk to vendors and tell them your budget on each item, a lot of vendors will work with you...Hope this helps you :D
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive been using the budgeter feature on the website. Problem is that it says I only have 750 for a DJ and 200 for an officiant and I dont think those are realistic numbers. I was hoping to get averages from the girls on here to see what is more accurate. I'm just trying to figure out how much money needs to go in the "save" pile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've found that DJs range from $600-$1,500 for about 5 hours. I don't have numbers for officiants or florists yet! Best of luck!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting a discount on my Rabbi's normal fee and it's still $360.  For my DJ - I am paying less than $750 for 5 hours of coverage in two spaces at the same venue (there will be two sets of equipment).  For flowers, teh prices can vary greatly so for that I definitely recommend calling around and saying this is what I need and this is my budget - want the job?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies... I figured that would be the case with the flowers, I'm thinking about DIYing them but havent decided yet. I knew at least one of these figures from the budgeter would be lower than regular.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMy DJ is Stephen Peters & his basic package starts at $500 which includes 5 hours & lighing. He's been doing this for 14 years & has worked a lot of popular places.

Officiant Frank Nunez is $200 & is also very well known.

Trust me, I have a small budget but have able to make a lot of things possible with that budget. You just gotta look & ask. :) I hopt this helps.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dj depending on who you use and how long is your reception. For just a dj i would say low end 500- 900. I had both a dj and mc and got a deal. So see different djs. s Flowers are you gonna need a aisle runner? Do you need flowers to throw down the aisle for a FG? Do you have table centers with flowers. Thats a about 12 tables. Do you want your aisle decorated with flowers?  (I used my aisle decorations as centers for the table saves some money) I have seen some officiants  thats run 200 and others that are about 400. You can also see a justice of the peace that may be cheaper. I think that depends if you want relgion or not.  Honestly I would go to a bridal show. Gives you a really good idea and you meet different vendor. If you get those bridal books (the small ones in your area Davids and Alfred have them) they give you a free tic. Only thing they wont have is an officiant 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Eddie B and Company, and he is charging me $800 for 6 hours, but you can def. try to get the price lowered, depending on how long you will need music for.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards