Florida-South Florida
Options

Inexpensive Caterer or no caterer at all

Hey I'm looking for an inexpensive caterer in the Miami, Homestead, or Broward area in South Florida. Or, even better, a venue that allows you to bring your own food without it having to come from a licensed or insured caterer. The thing is, I'm looking for a venue that will allow you to bring your own food but the ones I have found so far require you to at least have a licensed or insured caterer. I think that sucks since I have family friends that OFFERED to just cook for all 150 people. Any suggestions?

Re: Inexpensive Caterer or no caterer at all

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Hey I'm looking for an inexpensive caterer in the Miami, Homestead, or Broward area in South Florida. Or, even better, a venue that allows you to bring your own food without it having to come from a licensed or insured caterer. The thing is, I'm looking for a venue that will allow you to bring your own food but the ones I have found so far require you to at least have a licensed or insured caterer. I think that sucks since I have family friends that OFFERED to just cook for all 150 people. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Try Broward County Parks, as they have inexpensive halls you can rent (though tight restrictions) and you can bring in your own caterer. For caterers, look into Parties by Pat. 
    -renae
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    Check out Pinecrest Gardens. It's a very beautiful garden location to host a wedding and it's the former home of Parrot Jungle. Also, check out county parks because they are a bit less strict when it comes to caterers being insured and what not.

As for caterers, check out Paella Tropical.
  • Options
    YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Check out Holy Rosary Catholic Church.  Actually this used to be a parish, but it joined with St. Richards and now Holy Rosary serves as a hall only and it also has gorgeous gardens. It is located around Palmetto Bay.   I'm not sure whether you can bring in your own food, but I know that the caterer there is inexpensive (using it for my daughter) and you can bring your own liquor.  Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards