Ohio-Cleveland
Options

DESPERATE! Need help finding alteration shop!!

Can suggest an alterations shop that specializes in bridal?  I was going to have Fadia's do it and when I went to drop my dress off they told me that they were closing their doors.  I can't find anyone, nor do I trust just any old alterations shop.  Please HELP!!

Re: DESPERATE! Need help finding alteration shop!!

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first name that comes to mind is Denise at Julianne's Bridal Outlet. It's a consignment shop, so she'll work on any dress from any other shop, in addition to theirs. Denise does great work and is very reasonably priced. She did my bridal gown alterations for $65. I also had her alter a BM gown for me when I was in a wedding. Both times I was very pleased with service, quality of work and price. Highly recommend! They're located in Olmsted Falls.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nikki2114nikki2114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Images Bridal in North Royalton is really good too.  A BM dress was $35.  Not sure how much for a wedding dress, but she does really good work!! And all the people in there are so nice!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI, bridal gown alterations anywhere are going to be based on the complexity of what's involved (lacy/intricate design vs. plain fabric, etc) in addition to specifically WHAT you need to be done to get the dress to fit properly. When you're getting your estimates and comparing prices, make sure you find out what their method would be to alter the dress. Choose your route from there.

Other bridal specific (but independent -- not associated with a bridal shop) seamstresses that I've heard do good work, but have no personal experience with: Gail Czapor in Parma and Cara Hunsicker in Olmsted Twp.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a lady in Cuyahoga Falls named Wava and she runs her alterations business out of her home. It's called Just For You by Wava. I worked in a costume shop for 8 years so I don't trust just anyone to do my alterations. She is WONDERFUL. I take all of my clothes to her and I know she does a LOT of wedding gowns. Her phone number's 330.928.2397 if you're interested. She's also really nice!

Kim
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bansheettebansheette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the recommnedation for Images Bridal.  I've had them do bridesmaid dresses in the past and they just altered my wedding dress.  Great service and great pricing.
    Cry like a banshee and die like you want me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your help!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Julianne's Bridal!  I had my pick up style gown bustled, hemmed and pressed for $110.  She also did a wonderful job in flash on my mom's gown!
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I had my dress altered at Cable Custom Clothiers in North Canton. It's kind of a drive depending on where you are but I would never go anywhere else. My dress needed a lot of work but by the time she was done working on it, it fit perfectly but from the outside it looked like it was never even touched.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards