Florida-South Florida
Options

Driving Home

Some of you saw my last post about my mouth and the accident..... Because it was a drunk driver that caused everything it has me thinking.  Does anyone have a plan to make sure their guests are not drinking and driving?? 

Re: Driving Home

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I have seen some ladies on here provide a shuttle service for their guests. However, maybe you can ask for volunteer designated drivers and have your guests drive in groups?
  • Options
    Not have an open bar? Not saying cash only.... I went to a wedding a few years ago where there were two tickets at each place setting for the bar and a champagne glass. The glass was filled during the toasts, and you could redeem your bar tickets during the first five hours of the reception. The last hour they only served coffee, tea, water, and soda. (After you used your tickets, it was a cash bar, but it really discouraged a lot of people to get drunk.)

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_driving-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:d0854995-5cce-4b06-85b9-e0342272be2fPost:43044b15-9e4f-45cb-bc70-463952ce6544">Re: Driving Home</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have seen some ladies on here provide a shuttle service for their guests. However, maybe you can ask for volunteer designated drivers and have your guests drive in groups?
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]

Ya i have seen a few ladies on her talk about the shuttle services but that wont work since all of my guest are local.  The groups idea will probablly work best since they will all most likely already be coming that way. 

I also like the idea of maybe closing the bar an hour early.
  • Options
    we're starting drink service an hour early so people can get one of our signature cocktails before the ceremony and thus having it end an hour early and just serving coffee/cappuchino/soda/water/tea during the last hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards