Florida-South Florida
Options

Need wedding location!

Hi,

So we are planning on a small beach wedding sometime early next summer. How do you go about getting a place/permit on a beach? We were thinking may having the ceremony on a beach and the reception at a restaurant (with a patio) that is near the ceremony place (something we can walk up to).

Any advice? or Suggestions?

Re: Need wedding location!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi, welcome and Happy Planning. If you are planning on a Miami beach wedding on either Miami or South beach, you can go to the City of Miami Beach website, look for the special events permit link and complete the form, you have to have specific location you want  (i.e. the address, or streets) they process your application about 5 months before the wedding. GL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Best bet is to find somewhere to do it through (like a hotel on the beach) or go to a private beach...If you do Miami Beach the public side you can only have up to 50 guest and you are going to have a mission to get all the permits plus they can not gurantee ppl will not walk through ur wedding (of course this can happne at any beach but public beaches get more crowded) ....

There are a few private beaches on Miami Beach and most of Key Biscayne (not sure ur location so if its in FLL or more North I cant really help you)...I am having mines at Crandon Park Beach and the ppl there are super great at helping you pick a spot and all (and I got to see a wedding the day I went to pick my spot)
    Also there are a lot of resturants near by... Also Madison Hammock Park has a resturnant that has a beach on the back of it and they do all the set up for you.. If you need more info let me know...HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    btw sorry its so long ...lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Acqualina on Sunny Isles Beach. I've done a number of weddings at this location - perfect for ceremony and reception and you don't have to worry about permitting. The service is outstanding and the resort is opulent without the oversized and impersonal vibe most hotels have.

Hope this helps!

www.myweddingplannerrocks.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards