Ohio-Cleveland
Options

INVITATIONS on a budget!

I'm trying to find good invitations on a budget--please help!  I'm not sure if it's easier to order them printed or find a template and get them printed yourself???  Does anyone have any suggestions for places around the Akron/Cleveland area for invitations?  We're going for a modern/vintage theme.

Thanks!!

Re: INVITATIONS on a budget!

• Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm designing and assembling my own invitations. 
     I ordered pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com for 80 cents a piece and envelopes for 20 cents a piece. 

I then went to Hollo's papercraft in Brunswick and got all the cardstock I need (2 mats, invitation and inserts for pocketfolds for 120 invitations) for $44. 

I bought a sliding paper trimmer and exacto knife with a cutting pad and adhesives for under $15.  

I'm having them printed at kinko's (Fedex office)/officemax/staples.  If you design your invites to fit on a regular size piece of paper (8.5x11) and trim them down to size yourself, the print is as cheap as it is normally to make prints there.

All total I am spending about $2 per invitation for something that looks much more expensive
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had enough on my plate that I decided DIY wasn't the route for me. Instead, we ordered from www.rexcraft.com where they have a great selection at all price points. We found a design that worked perfectly with our theme and budget. The invitations arrived quickly, even though I didn't pay for extra rush shipping or anything. We had them inside of a week and quality was very good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a even better place. Hollo's Papercraft in Brunswick is awesome. If you dont mind printing them yourselves. I bought everything i needed there. Invitations at 20 cents a pices, RSVP cards at 2 cents a piece, Reception cards at 2 cents a piece inner and outter envelopes for 8 cents a piece and return envelopes at 5 cents a pices. I spent about $80 on all my invitations. They're awesome check them out.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I waslanning on DIYing my invitations, and am so glad I read this post ! I did not know about Hollo's and I will definately be checking them out ! Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics are too expensive just for paper !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    allykev22allykev22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used VistaPrint and am really happy with how they turned out. If you google vistaprint deals you'll find tons of coupons. I actually ended up ordering from a web link that showed up as I was surfing one day. I got 70 invites, rsvp cards, and reception cards, 50 save the dates, return address labels, and personalized stickers for the envelopes for about $130. They have tons of templates, and you can change fonts, colors, etc. You can also upload your own photos or designs to use.

They also usually have a lot of free stuff if you want to see quality. I originally got 10 save the dates free to see what they'd look like, and I also got a free wedding sample kit from them.

They were definitley the cheapest place I found, and the quality is good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just be careful when you go there especially if you like to scrap book or make cards. Its an awesome place and you can spend some serious money in there.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to DIY to save some money, but my (now) FIL insisted we have them done professionally.

I purchased from Etsy.com, vendor name is Pink Orchid Invites. For professionally made invitations, they are a pretty good price, IMO. However, everyone has a different budget. We were happy with the quality and customer service. My point is that if you don't want to go the DIY route, there are a lot of talented sellers on Etsy and it's worth looking into.

If you want to do really basic DIY, you can purchase the kits from Michaels and Joann fabrics. Make them even more cost efficient by purchasing them with the weekly 50% off coupons. Just remember you will have to print them from your home computer...places like Office Max can only print on standard size paper (8.5x11) and many times do not print on paper brought in my the customer.

Link to my invites: http://www.etsy.com/listing/78641177/damask-wedding-invitation-sample-the
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Contact local designer Jennifer Crawford - metzcrawford@hotmail.com. she has done not only wedding invites for me, but showers, housewarming, announcements, etc. for me along with several other knotties over the past few years.  She is pretty reasonable - much more so than most online resources. I gave her a few ideas/samples of things i liked and she took elements of each and came up with a unique custom design and created a suite of paper products that all tied together! She is great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards