Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue Help :(

Hi knotties! This is my first post and like the title says, I need help :(
My fiance and I are getting married in December of this year, and I started the planning in December and I'm completely STUCK!
We've seen one venue, and I don't know where to go from there!
We're gonna have around 70 guests top, and we have a budget of $8,000
I'd like a place where we can have the ceremony and reception in the same place (not same room), and something very pretty, yet affordable.
I plan on doing as much DIY as I can, but I want to book the venue so I can move onto the next thing!
I'd like to keep it in the Ft. Lauderdale, Pembroke, Hollywood area, or somewhere close to there that isn't Miami or Hialeah.
I need all the help I can get since I'm basically doing this all alone :(
Thank you guys in advance for your help!

Re: Venue Help :(

• Options
    I would recommend the Sea Watch restaurant. One of my friends got married on the beach right in front of the restaurant. I think she had 50 people but I would still call the restaurant and request additional information.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the group!

There is Signature Grand in davie.  Their venue is nice, and they were going to be my choice until I found my venue.  They had a special that was an awesome price with an open bar.  It was half what i'm paying now...

Also check out Hill Crest country club.  Others have mentioned, Charthouse.  Also Newport Beach Hotel (north miami but on the beach).

When I was looking, I jsut started sending requests for proposals to anyone and everyone.  Once they started trickling in, I was able to start narrowing it down.  Then we took a drive down the beach and I sent requests to all the hotels along the beach...

I think choosing the venue...and now the vendors have been my hardest bit.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can always try The Firetower, Kovens by FIU (in North Miami Beach) and Ronald W Shane Center (in Miami Beach, i think) there is also this place called SOHO in Hollywood, Eden Catering...it kinda all depends on what you want to pay per person but you can always GOOGLE for wedding venues in the area of choice and like KDJJ said just send out proposals and line them all up choose who you want to go see and take it from there...thats what ive been doing!!! HTH

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I am a huge fan of Royal Fiesta Catering in Deerfield. A little out of the way for where you want but they do ceremony in one room, reception in another, cake, centerpieces and chairs. Not a lot for you to do!! Its on the water and pretty nice looking!!

Good luck

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Options
    do not do Embassy Suites in deerfield beach, they charge you 14.00 per person for ICE, yes I said ICE frozen water...!!

I looked at http://odshm.ch2v.com/

this is in davie, off griffin, they charge 1,500 dollars for the venue, you have to bring your own caterer and have a licensed bar tender, its really nice venue.
  • Options
    I would strongly recommend Bimini Boatyard on 17th Street. We had a sit down lunch there for our daughter and future son-in-law's engagement party and it was amazing.  I was very impressed by the food and service.  The party room is a perfect size for 70, their max is 80 and I bet the ceremony on the back patio would be beautiful in December.
    Good luck.
    Happy Happy MOB
  • Options
    Slgirl21- ice is the name of the non alcoholic package at embassy suites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I called Sea Watch Restaurant and sadly they were booked for my date.
    I've heard good things about Embassy Suites, I just don't know that I want a "beach" wedding or somewhere near the beach. You all know how SOFLA wedding can be, I don't wanna risk it raining and having an outdoor ceremony or the sand from the beach blowing all over the place.

• Options
    December wedding is going to be hard to find a date thats open because everyone wants their holiday party. I would have seconded the SeaWatch Restaurant (GREAT FOOD!) because initially, that's where I was planning - guest list got too big - their max is 50 ppl. I would also look into Royal Fiesta - they're in Deerfield on the intracoastal. Reasonably priced, and everything inside, so you dont have to worry about Florida weather. Ive been to a wedding there, the food was good, so was the service, they ran behind but not sure if that was the bride/groom fault or the venue. It was a while ago. Other than that, I would look into restaurants - people have said Bimini Boatyard is good (never been there) and I know Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach is on the "cheap" side price-wise for a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards