Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue Help

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble finding a venue in South Florida.  We live in Broward, but are not limiting our options to just Broward County.  Our wedding is in May of next year and I am getting nervous that we haven't booked anything yet!

Our biggest issue is that we don't really want to have it in a hotel.  All of the other places we have looked at are really expensive!  We like historic buildings, gardens, and untraditional places.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married at the plantation preserve golf course and club. http://www.plantation.org/Golf/Plantation-Preserve/catering.html - the site doesn't do it much justice but it's intimate and very beautiful. the pricing is very reasonable as well. shannon is also very sweet and has been awesome to work with so far. 

hope this helps!
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted the same thing, but Broward doesn't have a large variety.  There are a few historical buildings in Fort Lauderdale but for smaller weddings, New River Inn.  There are some garden locations ranging in price but the size and budget would help narrow it down.  Flamingo Gardens, Robbins Park (alcohol restriction though), Long Key (big open room inside).  You could also consider a pavilion downtown Ft Lauderdale and then a reception at the Leiser Center (bring in catering)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i looked into the plantation preserve very nice, um you can also check long key nature center thats in davie. I would check some of the county parks. West lake park near the beach had a nice spot or flamingo gardens ( all though i believe there is a restriction on alcohol there) try some of the Golf County Clubs. Pembroke Pines has a nice one I think its called Club 19.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you should check out Morikami Gardens in Delray Beach.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Also I checked out IGFA (International Fishing Hall of Fame) near bass pro shops, and there is a hotel near by for guests although not a big enough for a reception. Here is the link for broward county parks
    http://www.broward.org/Parks/Rentals/Pages/Default.aspx
    Happy Wedding planning!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!!
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miami Beach Botanical Gardens. Very inexpensive. My daughter didn't want a hotel ballroom either. She and her fiance wanted the outdoors and sunshine!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to go North, check out Frenchman's Reserve Country Club (my venue) amazing!!! They offer a lot with their packages too. Otherwise there is PGA National, Delray country club there are alot. HTH
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def try the Moore building, also the Dupont building, all in Miami. Also there is a wonderful space in Design District gorgeous( page knottie bluebook) I think she knows the name of the place. Also in Miami there is the Douglas Entrance.
  • Options
    rosel80rosel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue The Addison in Boca is a historic site. Really nice
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a bit of info about county parks. You are not allowed hard liquor. My FI and I were dead set on Long Key Nature Center until I was presented this information. I went with Hillcrest Country Club. GREAT price, AWESOME staff, and they have a huge Oak Tree you can get married under. The rest is indoors.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards