Florida-South Florida

Brazilian wax in Palm Beach area?

Hi girls, can anyone recommend a reputable place that does a good Brazilian wax? I'd like to do one for the wedding. How many days before the wedding should I do it? Anywhere in the Palm Beach area would be great! 
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brazilian wax in Palm Beach area?

• Have you ever had one done? You may want to do it at least one time before the time you do it for the wedding. I used to go to house of wax. Took me a couple visits to find someone I liked. I remember the first couple times I had a couple pimples appear. I purchased some "after wax" cleanser stuff that helped. Also, the closer to the end/beginning of your girl cycle, the more sensitive you'll be. I took Tylenol some days to help. Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For sure what KDJJ said. The first few I got gave me some irritation, and were definitely more painful just because the hair's roots are really stuck in there, but now I love them. You should get 1 or 2 before the wedding so you can see how your skin reacts and how long it takes your hair to grow back and track your cycle to go when it's least painful. It hurts but it's so worth it, if you're blond and can't get it lasered off, this is the next best thing.

I've found that privately owned spas are hit or miss (for both the talent of the aesthetichian and the type of wax they use) and while I'd usually prefer to go with a smaller business, I love love European wax centers. You're in and out in 15 minutes (it might be longer the first time because you'll have "virgin hair"), they use this purple wax that hardens so there's no strip, and it's by far the least painful I've had. It's super clean, the girls all wear scrubs and the rooms are like doctor's rooms. And every aesthetician there is professional and good at what they do, they even know how to pose you so they do a good job but you aren't embarrassed - it's still a little awkward but I've had girls who  made it so, so weird at other salons. They def try to upsell you on all kinds of potions and lotions that may very well work, but I'd rather just go to CVS and get some TendSkin, I used to use it on my bikini area when I shaved.

I think they have a few in Boca, Boynton and WPB, HTH!
  • haha... virgin hair that's awesome! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks girls! Trying European Wax Center at the end of the month! :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is also brow 2 brazillian on Northlake Blvd.  They're pretty fantastic.  THey also have the sugaring technique if that's what you're leaning towards.
  • HoochiCoochi Wax Studio is THE PLACE for brazilians in Palm Beach County! Judy and Stacy are amazing and it's such a cute shop! They are very experienced and it's quick! (10-15 minutes) European Wax hires girls right out of school and so do a lot of those big companies. You never know who/what you'll get and they REALLY try to sell you on all their products every single visit. HoochiCoochi is a much more comfortable experience. I've tried them all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards