Florida-South Florida
Options

Not really happy...

about anything! The only thing that I'm sure about is my photographer and DOC. I can't watch "say yes to the dress" without wanting to change my dress. I can't look on etsy without wanting a vintage wedding, changing my complete theme! I booked my dj not because we clicked but because they were cheap. I look up other girls venues to see if they are in my budget. I'm just not happy with the decisions I made. I almost feel as if I settled with things and said eh, I'll make it work. Does/did anyone else feel like this in their planning process? I'm super bummed :(

Re: Not really happy...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather,

Obviously no one can tell you one way or another.  There will always be things we all need to compromise with but still be happy.

You have shown us your dress, venue (inside and out), and everything looks amazing!  But again that is just me.

If you really want more of a vintage feel .... incorporate minor details that make it more vintage. 

IE --- Dress find a CAMAFEO (spelling and I don't know if im saying that in spanish and not sure of the english word ... LMBO)  or vintage broach to add. Or a birdcage veil.

Use the lanterns (vintage feel) into your centerpieces some how.

Little details which you can do inexpensively may change your mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I COMPLETELY know how you are feeling!

A lot of times I catch myself thinking that I should have had that smaller wedding I wanted in Pierre's that I wanted. Or that I should have done my original plan of having a huge party celebrating our engagement but actually having the wedding in Spain.

I blame a lot of it on having planned so far in advance. That is my personal mistake, I think.

To make me feel better I just try to focus on what made me make the decisions I did (to celebrate with family, wear my dress, have my pictures, and dance the night away)...

also, at the end of the day, the part I am most looking forward to is the ceremony... and that, whether there are 150 people or 30 people or if we are on a beach in the keys or a church in the mountains of Spain, will be ALL ABOUT ME AND FI and that makes me smile and move on! For that 30 minute period, what I have been looking forward to the most will be happening and no one or anything can take that away from me :)

I just got teary eyed thinking about the last part I wrote... I can't wait until the wedding day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I just asked FI if he is happy with everything and he says he is content. I'm sure he could care less but that's the way I feel too. Content. I understand what really matters but at the same time it's a lot of money to just feel content with it all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my FI makes it known he didn't want the huge wedding which may also make me feel like I made mistakes all around.. at least your FI is "content".

And to add to my previous response, I think your wedding will turn out beautifully based on everything you have posted! But we're girls and indecisive! lol, all my married friends say they wen tthrough it also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine initially wanted Vegas. Now that we booked things I guess he feels stuck or according to him "content".
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your feelings are normal.

That said, stop looking. By looking you're just making things so much harder. Stop and try to think about the things you LIKE about the wedding you have planned.

Personally, I love your venue. I think it's unique, pretty and certainly will be a wonderful place for a wedding. You've got a great DOC and photog as well as a beautiful dress!

At the end of the day (and I know you know this), the wedding really doesn't matter. What matters is that you are marrying the man you love.

I don't watch any wedding shows or look at anything wedding related online except chatting with you girls on the knot or finding invites, etc. I really recommend cutting yourself off. And again, focus on the things you like about your wedding.

I'm sorry you're feeling blue, girl! Trust me, though, as soon as you walk down the aisle that day, you will certainly not be thinking about this!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You are absolutely right. It is so hard not to look though. I guess I just want options and I feel very limited with my venue in the fact that everything has to revolve around an asian modern theme with set colors. My feelings have just been all over the place lately. There are so many things I LOVE about my venue but if I had unlimited funds... we might have white lounge furniture with blue uplighting or a vintage wedding with plum and pewter with sage green. I think I will slow down on the planning as indecisive as I am :/ Thanks girls!

• Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there!  Your wedding is going to be beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, to me the most important part of my wedding is the ceremony and aside from walking down the aisle and exchanging vows with my FI, nothing really matters in the end.

Sometimes I get caught up in being indecisive and think I'm making a "wrong" choice, but the fact is, those decisions really just revolve around a big, overly-obsessed about party. You've already made the only decision that really matters. The rest will just be how you're going to celebrate that so don't stress and know that it will be a beautiful day no matter what.

All of us wish we had an unlimited budget, but we live in a real world and have to compromise somewhere. Don't worry and just focus on the real reason for all the little details!

I suggest not looking at wedding stuff for a little and then coming back to your plans with fresh eyes, you'll probably get excited all over again! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for making me feel better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards