Florida-South Florida

South Florida Hotel Reception Venue Help!

Hey everyone!

I am recently engaged and my future hubby and I have embarked on our search for the perfect venue for our reception (we are having the ceremony in a church). I am having a difficult time finding a place that will work with our budget of $30,000 with about 150 guests. Originally we thought we would only have 100 guests, but we underestimated how many people make up our combined families.

We are looking for a venue in the areas of Palm Beach, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Boca Raton.

Ideally, I would like a hotel that I can get an all-inclusive package with, tables, linens, catering, with a view of the water, and for around $100 dollars a plate. 

If you have any suggestions for this stressed out bride, please help!

Re: South Florida Hotel Reception Venue Help!

• When we were looking, we found a few in that range. Bahia Mar (great reception room with glass walls looking out at the ocean, cocktail hour on the marina docks), Wyndham in Deerfield beach had great prices, and Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach. We chose Embassy Suites. More our cup o tea and the ceremony on the boardwalk. Also, all things are negotiable. When they send you the packages, you can negotiate things. That's one thing we really liked about our venue, the catering manager was very willing to work with us to get us our dream day within our budget. I wanted certain things and she found a way to make it work. For example, all packages come with chair covers and sashes - I hate chair covers and sashes, she researched and was able to find chiviari chairs in place of the covers/sashes and is including our ceremony chairs also (same quoted price). Might also depend on dates you're looking at. I'm sure others here will give you some more input.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_south-florida-hotel-reception-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:e2dda217-a0b5-478a-8e74-fad6f4c061f5Post:03f1a34b-0333-4bcc-92ab-bb8dbf42bd19">Re: South Florida Hotel Reception Venue Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we were looking, we found a few in that range. Bahia Mar (great reception room with glass walls looking out at the ocean, cocktail hour on the marina docks), Wyndham in Deerfield beach had great prices, and Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach. We chose Embassy Suites. More our cup o tea and the ceremony on the boardwalk. Also, all things are negotiable. When they send you the packages, you can negotiate things. That's one thing we really liked about our venue, the catering manager was very willing to work with us to get us our dream day within our budget. I wanted certain things and she found a way to make it work. For example, all packages come with chair covers and sashes - I hate chair covers and sashes, she researched and was able to find chiviari chairs in place of the covers/sashes and is including our ceremony chairs also (same quoted price). Might also depend on dates you're looking at. I'm sure others here will give you some more input.
    Posted by kdjj[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you so much! I will definitely look into those locations! :)

</div>
  • Hello!

Our wedding reception is the Miami Beach Resort and Spa and they have a "dream package" that they offer for $79++ (really $105 after taxes) for cocktail hour with veggies, fruit, cheeses, seated dinner (choice of fish, chicken, or steak all for same price), a salad, 4 hours open bar and the wedding cake is included (they give you 2-3 bakeries to choose from.  They are located on 48th and collins.  Really nice place, we are doing ours in the Starlight room but they also have another room that they offer.  Check them out :)
  • P.S. They have an AMAZING view of the water!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_south-florida-hotel-reception-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:e2dda217-a0b5-478a-8e74-fad6f4c061f5Post:b3691072-0f0d-43e1-82d3-fce16abdf6d1">Re: South Florida Hotel Reception Venue Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Our wedding reception is the Miami Beach Resort and Spa and they have a "dream package" that they offer for $79++ (really $105 after taxes) for cocktail hour with veggies, fruit, cheeses, seated dinner (choice of fish, chicken, or steak all for same price), a salad, 4 hours open bar and the wedding cake is included (they give you 2-3 bakeries to choose from.  They are located on 48th and collins.  Really nice place, we are doing ours in the Starlight room but they also have another room that they offer.  Check them out :)
    Posted by llese024[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks! I am checking it out now!

</div>
  • edited December 2012
    Check out the InterContinental in Miami.
  • Comber Hall is a historical building walking distance to the Biltmore Hotel, but there is no water view.  There are four packages that you can select from that include your flowers, linens, dj, cake, limo for bride and gratuities.  Call Sylvia (Sylvia's weddings of distinction).  HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards