Florida-South Florida
Options

Dress Vent.. looong

So I ordered my dress on January 23rd. I paid for it in full and they told me she would arrive in July. Well I called a month ago just to make sure it was ordered without any problems because it's not a line they carry but they said they would be able to order it anyway. The girl on the phone didn't even look anything up because it hadn't been 4 month yet. She told me to call back in a month if I was really worried about it.

Well I get a phone call yesterday from the bridal shop telling me my dress has been discontinued. They apparently found out about 6 weeks after I ordered but have been trying to find it through other vendors with no luck. I'm mad cuz they could've told me this a month ago when I called!

The silver lining is that the designer revised the dress under a new name and it IS available. Well, I said fine whatever just order it. I don't want to deal with it. However, I'm not as crazy about it as I was with my original dress. It's more money but they're giving it to me for the same price and they're expediting it for no charge so I'll still get it by July.

The top is different and the ruffles fall a little differently but whatever. I have sooo much stress going on right now that I just don't want to deal with this. AHHHH!

I'll post pics later.
:: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::

Re: Dress Vent.. looong

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww Im sorry sweetie!! I had something similar happen to me with my dress being discontinued and the "updated version" not looking the same :-( I ended up calling/emailing the designer and they are making the original one I wanted :-D the only catch is that I had to pay $300 extra, but it was totally worth it! Maybe you should try that. HTH, GL!!!!

OMG! Im sorry for double posting but I just looked at your bio and saw that your dress is San Patrick! San Patrick is by Pronovias and Pronovias is my dress!! Call the flagship store in NY, ask for Caitlyn! I hope they can still get it for you! :-D
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're going through this Lynette.

All I can say is, I know your stressed out and just want to get the dress ordered and outta the way, but don't order it if you're not crazy with it. You don't want dress regret later on.
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    =/ total bummer!!! atleast they are trying to help and find a solution.  But that does not make the fact they've been lying and hiding this from you.  they should have been up front.  BUT if you arent happy with it, wanna go look for others? Ill go with you
  • Options
    ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this! But I have to say, if you don't love it, DON'T buy it. If they can't get the original and you really don't love that one, don't settle for it b/c you're going to be unhappy with it. It is a basis to get another dress or to get out of your contract with them altogether.  Just my $0.02...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww. sorry you're going through this! I agree with Ayana, you shouldn't buy it if you're not gonna love it. This is supposed to be one the happiest days of your life; you deserve the best! GL hun
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohmigosh, how horrible! I agree with PP though, if you don't like it don't buy it. You might be able to find one you like more than your original. If you are going to keep it, is there something that can be altered to make it look more like your original dress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant beleive that they are doing this to you! I would be SOOO mad! How could they not tell you when you ordered it months ago! Im glad they are trying to make it right! I would keep looking for the originial though if thats what you really want! GL
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear hun, but i bet once you try this dress on again you will love it. its just love hate now since your heart was set on the 1st one. i hope you love it when it comes in and nice of them to do that for you for free.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Give the new dress another chance.  If it really doesnt feel like "the one" anymore.... then i say find "the one" ~ its your day and you shouldnt compromise!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope this works out. If you are not happy with the updated dress, I would definitely give the manufacturer a call.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry you have to go through this sweety...dresses are important to a bride ..so i agree with all the pp...dont order it if ur not happy./..go try on other ones..ur dress is out there waiting for you.. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I must've tried on about 30 dresses and that original dress always stuck in my mind! I'm tooooootally bummed about it. They don't have it for me to try on before they order it, so I'm stuck with it if I hate it. However, I guess I could call around and see if anyone has it where I can at least see it in person and hold it up to me... sample sizes never fit.

Anyways, thank you ladies for letting me vent. This new dress does have a lot of the same qualities but the top is different.... it will make my chest look larger and I wanted to avoid that. So maybe I can have them do something to it... I dunno. We'll see.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards