Ohio-Cleveland

Looking for an AWESOME wedding band...I hate DJ's

I am looking for an awesome wedding band in Cleveland.  Unfortunately I'm very picky and HATE cheesy bands that remind me of Adam Sandler in "The Wedding Singer".  Does anyone have any other ideas than those bands listed on the Jerry Bruno site?  Also, another thing I'm picky about...the band MUST have mainly male lead vocals.  It is a major pet peeve of mine when female vocalists cover a song intended to be sung by a male.

Sorry for all the stipulations!  Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Re: Looking for an AWESOME wedding band...I hate DJ's

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're open to a blues/swing kinda party sound, check out Blue Lunch. Most of what they do is original, but they do have some cover stuff (and no female singer). They aren't the 'typical' wedding music, as they primarily perform festivals, community events, swing dances and bars, but they do weddings on occasion. Definitely unique, and very talented. I've seen them live several times and have a couple of their CDs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Julie...I'll definitely check them out.  I don't know if they will fit into the style I'm looking for (cover band that plays A LOT of different music) but if they have a large enough cover selection it'd be a good option.
  • soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Grand Avenue Band and they were awesome. They have male and female vocalists
    www.grandavenueband.com
  • edited December 2011
    I will check them out too! Thanks for the suggestions...keep 'um coming :)
  • missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used THE Avenue through Jerry Bruno bands.  Jerry Bruno manages about 50 bands.  If you go there, they will sit down with you and show you all their bands.  You will def. find what you want.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes as missmis99 said, Jerry Bruno will help. Also check out their website http://www.jerrybruno.com/bands/to see samples. We found that to be very helpful!
  • somuchluvsomuchluv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abbey Normal is AWESOME and they will do weddings!
  • mrsaloshenmrsaloshen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out "The Sellouts". The lead singer is my cousin's uncle and they played at his wedding last year - they were AWESOME! (http://www.sellouts.us/) They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. They have a gig almost every weekend so you have plenty of opportunties to check them out - I highly reccommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards