Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Vendor reviews - Wooster OH September 30 2012

We got married in Wooster, Ohio at Quailcrest Farm on September 30.  The reception was outdoors at 1:30pm, with the cocktail hour in the Tracy Barn on site at 2pm, and the reception begining at 3pm. 

DJ - Carl Ferrara, booked through the Pros.  We liked Carl's profile on the Pros, but in person, he was not as impressive.  Granted, we had a Sunday afternoon wedding.  However, almost no one danced.  We were counting on Carl to get folks on the dance floor.  He didn't play several of the songs I requested but we did shut the reception down 90 minutes early, so maybe that's why.

Videographer - Denis Killa, booked through the Pros.  We haven't seen the video yet, but he was very easygoing, professional, contacted me in plenty of time to confirm the details, asked good questions, and was humorous & gentle on the wedding day.

Photographer - Meg Bowman.  Booked through her website, megbowman.com.  We haven't seen the photos yet, but she was very easy to work with on the wedding day.  There were a couple times beforehand that she was hard to get ahold of, but she apologized when she missed our scheduled calls & eventually we spoke.

Lisa Wayman - Bridal Hair by Lisa.  http://www.facebook.com/BridalHairByLisaWayman
I had the hardest time finding someone who would come to me, and do my hair on a Sunday.  Lisa did a great job, and was very reasonably priced.  I definitely recommend her.

Wooster Event Planners - Rachael & Lauren did not help us with any of the advance planning - they were an extra set of hands for the day.  They contacted all the vendors in advance, came to the rehearsal dinner & spent 10 hours on site during the wedding.  They did most everything we requested.  They nearly missed giving out one of the tips to the vendor, which irritated my husband quite a bit, and there were some details that I wished they had just picked up on (that my husband set up the speakers directly behind the minister, so that the speakers were in every single ceremony photo. . .so ugly!).  but in general Rachael & Lauren followed the schedule we had outlined, handled some issues with vendors (we nearly ran out of soda, for example), and allowed us to have a pleasant day. 

Quailcrest Farm - beautiful place at a reasonable price.  A little hard to get ahold of in advance to ask questions, but generally on the ball. 

Buehlers - they did our catering & cake.  Cake was pretty good, catering was okay.  Some of the food wasn't as good as I'd hoped.  Be sure to be very specific - they balked at some items that we'd specifically put in their contract, on the day of the wedding.  

Capture This!  Entertainment - caricature artist.  Cheaper than a photo booth, and our guests loved it.  http://www.caricabooth.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards