Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Vendor Reviews - August 20th

Hope these are helpful!  Please feel free to email me with any questions at linder.47 at osu.edu. 

Venue - The Glidden House - A+
I cannot say enough positive things about the Glidden House as a venue.  I worked primarily with Kate and she was incredible.  She completely took control of making sure everything that we wanted was accomplished and then was awesome on the day of.  I just brought all my candles, table numbers, etc. to her and she made sure everything made it out and looked great.  We had our ceremony on the lawn and it was beautiful.  Expensive, but worth every penny to me and I certainly didn't pay for help I would have needed otherwise.

Caterer - Marigold Catering - A-
The food was amazing.  We did a buffet and the food was far beyond what would usually be expected.  They also did a guacamole station for us during the cocktail hour that was a huge hit.  The only negative is that there were a few minor things they said they would do that they didn't, like use mason jars for our margaritas and do cornbread instead of the usual roll with our plated salad.  None of that was a big deal, obviously, so I still highly recommend them.

Photographer - Ryan Durdella - A+
Ryan was a pleasure to work with.  He just took over and did what he needed to do and got all the pictures I wanted without having to bug him.  He's got a very easy going personality, which was nice with the stress of the wedding day.  He's also very inexpensive comparatively, which I would imagine will change since he's ridiculously busy this summer.  I loved the engagement pictures that we got done, and I have high hopes for the wedding pictures.

Officiant - Tim Greathouse - A+
Tim did an amazing job with our ceremony.  He clearly takes great pride in what he does.  He gave us a detailed questionnaire about the ceremony that we wanted and incorporated all of it into our actual ceremony.  He had a great presence and we got many compliments about his work.  Highly recommend. 

Florist - Studio Floral - A+
Jennifer did a wonderful job with our flowers.  They were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted.  I LOVED the bridesmaid's bouquets.  Also, I had her make two larger arrangements for the spot where we said our vows, and they turned out incredible.  The flowers I liked the least were, sadly, my bouquet.  Excellent job.

DJ - American Entertainment - A
Scott did a great job with our wedding.  He wired the officiant and played the music for our ceremony, and people could hear despite being outside.  He was also completely unintrusive, which was the biggest thing I wanted out of the DJ.  He said only the minimum of what he needed to and I appreciated that.  A few of his song choices were hilarious (like a Backstreet Boys song before the ceremony when we were taking wedding party pictures), but not a big deal at all, and he played excellent songs during the dancing portion. 

Cake - Wild Flour Bakery - A+
We just did a small cake (10" wide and about 5" high) to cut and it was awesomely tasty for only $40!  I will definitely go back for any future bakery needs.

Dress - The Perfect Bride - A
The owner woman is a little aggressive, but the other employees were excellent to work with.  The alternations turned out great and I also found my wedding jewelry there. 

Bridesmaids Dresses - David's Bridal - A
Ordered them in January and they came in with plenty of time.

Hair - Charles Scott - A+
Kim did my hair and she did an amazing job.  We had a trial and I liked it.  I brought back two pictures that I liked and she changed it a little, and I LOVED it.  I was very happy with her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards