Ohio-Cleveland

VENDOR REVIEWS - Oct 15th Wedding

Hello Cleveland Knotties! I just hitched on Oct 15th and wanted to pass on my vendor reviews.... message or comment with questions.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Essence of Love Photography - Parma
Vitaily and Tatiana are amazing. They are so creative and easy to work with. Their portfolio really speaks for itself. They did our engagement, boudoir and wedding photos. At the reception, they set up a screen and as they took photos, the images popped up for all to see. It was a huge hit!  Please check them out: Essenceoflovephotography.com

FLORIST: Dara's Flower Mill - Strongsville
This place is a little hole in the wall with like, 50 cats. BUT - the flowers last FOREVER. We have been getting our flowers from here for years, and they did not dissapoint for the wedding. All arrangments and bouquets matched perfectly, adn were tasteful. The owner is very honest. She knew it was cheaper to get an aisle runner from Catans, so instead of trying to sell me one, she told me to go there instead.

CAKE: Collazzo's Bakery - Parma
Husband and I really wanted a Black Forest cake. We went to bakery, after bakery and NO ONE could make it correctly. Until...Collazzos. It was moist, decadent and reasonable. Cake for 200 people for $475 - decorating included? Yes please.

CATERER: Taste of Excellence - Strongsville
Our venue changed caterers 5 months before our wedding. I was freaking out. I met with Stephanie and she eased all my fears. They were very accomodating. The only complaint I have - is that when I would ask for their "expert opinion" they would just say "well whatever you think looks best" - well I obviously dont know, so that is why I am asking you - the caterer and event planner. The food was awesome - everyone raved about it.

VENUE: Columbia Hills Country Club - Columbia Station
This is a gorgeous gold course and club house. You have to see the photos on the website, or drive by it. Its elegant without being over the top. They also provided valet, which was nice.

DJ: Music and Memories - Olmsted Falls
Mike was amazing. He does it on the side as a hobby - which means he loves his work. He was very easy tow ork with and the night moved along smoothly.

DRESS: Catans - Strongsville
I will start by saying that when we bought the dress, it was a great experience. I went in on q Monday afternoon with no appointment, and they were happy to help me. I found a gorgeous dress at a discount. But that is where the good service stopped. I made my first alterations appointment. Luckily I called the day before to confirm becasue they gave away my appointment without telling me.
We also got the Bridesmaid dresses from here. Two out of the three were fine, but my Matron of Honor's dress was ordered in the wrong size, due to a measuring mistake by the sales lady. So my MOH had to drive in from PITT to get it resolved. When her new dress came in, she drove in again to pick it up. She asked to see the seamstress and they told her no, she did not have an appointment - even though she came all the way ffrom PITT. She ended up getting it altered at MIKA's Tailoring in Strongsville which was AMAZING. Minka also did the Mother of the Groom's dress beautifully.

HAIR: Bridget at Charles Moscarino Salon - Strongsville
Bridget has been cutting my hair for years, and she did a beautiful job on the wedding day.

MAKEUP: Jessie at Absolutly Posh - North Olmsted
Jessie is a complete trip. You cannot dislike this girl. She is fun, energetic, and a genius with makeup.

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS - Oct 15th Wedding

• edited December 2011
    thank you! i'm going to check out that bakery
  • sunjray82sunjray82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ: Music and Memories

Would you mind sharing the price he charges?  It would be much appreciated. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_vendor-reviews-oct-15th-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:cbfd7d52-add4-4882-b9dd-6d3d801da173Post:36c3fb07-d4b9-4581-83cc-58f8e01def69">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS - Oct 15th Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]DJ: Music and Memories Would you mind sharing the price he charges?  It would be much appreciated. 
    Posted by sunjray82[/QUOTE]

$600 for unlimited time and lights
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards