Ohio-Cleveland

Reception venue needed on west side

Looking for a really unique place to have our reception with no more than 90-100 people.  Something that doesnt look like a hall or country club.  Any ideas no further west than westlake and no further east than downtown and no further south than independence.  Please help.  My wedding is aug 27, 2011 thanks everyone!
*CHEFSTEPH82*

Re: Reception venue needed on west side

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any budget restrictions? I can think of a few unique places, but they aren't on the low end price-wise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kaehaszkaehasz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Massimos on w. 25th close by the Shoreway! http://www.massimos.net/
    They have amazing prices.  We are going to wedding there next month Smile
  • aswoapaswoap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using the 100th bomb group, they have a smaller room that is all stone and is unique that would hold your amount
  • edited December 2011
    what kind of unique are you thinking of?
    -the nicholson house in lakewood is gorgeous! it's a historical society house that you can rent out for events, very cute, with a huge outdoor area perfect for a ceremony/tents for reception.
    -also there's a concert club on madison by 117th in lakewood called the winchester tavern that i was considering (before we moved our shindig to youngstown).
    -i don't know if they can accomodate, but there's great lakes brewing and rocky river brewing, but that would be more of a party room deal.
    -pier w in lakewood. 
    in westlake/bay there's the lake erie science center (not to be confused with the great lakes sci cen). a friend went to a wedding there recently and you can get married "under the stars" in their planetarium!
    hope some of this helps!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • jenna.linderjenna.linder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the glidden house!!!  it's completely unique (an old mansion) and it's on case western reserve's campus.  i'm not sure if that's far enough west for you.  i'm having my ceremony and reception there a week before your date!  it's perfect for that size range you mentioned!  kinda expensive though, and we're doing the reception under the nice tent that's attached to the back of the house.  check it out...i love it!
    imagePhotobucketimagePhotobucketPromote My Wedding
  • JKohioJKohio member
    edited December 2011
    I thought Glidden could only handle up to 50-60 people?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think they're around 140 max, but that's under the tent.  you might be right that it's less if you have everything completely inside.  i didn't even ask because i loved the outdoor tent area.  i'm having around 80 people and that was the norm for the Glidden House (based on what the Glidden lady (who's awesome) said).
  • chefsteph8228chefsteph8228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone- I have checked out the gliden house and i wasnt so keen on having outside wedding under a tent just not me sorry - but it was gorgeous!  I have felt like I have checked out everything I want to Keep the reception (food and bev) costs no greater than about 9 thousand.  Right now I have an appointment to look at the house of blues in the cambridge room.  I have looked at all the unique places i feel and just the prices are insane!  Ive looked at  botanical gardens, severance hall, gliden house, park lane villa, western reserve historical society, clifton club, la centre, ritz carloton, and im probably not mentioning a few.  I have noticed a lot of the historical things ive looked at dont flow too well, like they have smaller rooms.  I do have a lot of elderly people coming so I dont want to many stairs.  lol I feel like im at a wits end lol
    *CHEFSTEPH82*
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like you're going to have to compromise on some aspect.  "unusual" places are unusual because they're not big halls at hotels made for hosting large events.

regardless, i can't think of any place you haven't mentioned.  good luck!
  • aswoapaswoap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if you ever checked into the 100th Bomb Group but I would really suggest it! I am doing 160 with an open bar and we at hitting right around $9K so it is douable!
    The Hilton Garden Inn is right there and they run a shuttle back and forth all night and they give a discount rate for hotel blocks.

Outside

Large Ballroom

Smaller Ballroom
  • JKohioJKohio member
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.... have you checked out Sweetwater Landing in the Rocky River Metroparks? Also, how about the Terrace at Big Met, also in the Metroparks (Fairview Park, IIRC)?  Lake Erie Nature & Science Center in Bay Village? Lockkeepers in Valley View (just over the Indep. border)? Probably not cheap, but definitely unique... any of the Cleveland Zoo rental facilities?
  • jdkovacsjdkovacs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to try Ponte Vecchio on the Superior Viaduct. You can rent out the enitre restaurant or a portion. It's a bit pricey, but a cool venue.

I'd also recommend Massimo da Milano, but we're having our wedding there on Aug. 27, 2011! If you are flexible on date, it is definitely a unique venue that is close to the highway and easy to get to ... it also has a ton of flexibility on pricing.
  • mkobzowiczmkobzowicz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I had my baby shower at the 100th Bomb Group in one of the bigger rooms but it is a great place and the service was excellent!!
    Megan & Jimmy 09-24-11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would have suggested the Glidden House too, but I know what you mean about the whole "tent" thing.  I looked into the Glidden House, but after I found out it only held 130.....I was  =(

However, the 100th Bomb Group is pretty cool!!  I love going to eat there!!  My fiance` actually proposed to me there, so I guess I'm a little bias LOL.

You should check it out though.

Also Pazzo's Grand Ballroom on the border of Seven Hills and Parma.  The thing I liked about Pazzo's was only one wedding can go on at a time (since it's just one ballroom).....unlike some venues that have 3-4 wedding receptions going on all at once. 

Just some ideas!  Best of Luck,

Stephanie

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are checking HOB – then maybe look into Barroom Cleveland.  My SIL had her wedding there and it was totally unique, crazy fun, and decently priced for downtown CLE.  Feel free to message me for photo links if interested.  Union Club is gorgeous  and in line with some of the places you have mentioned.  College club of Cleveland is cool but may be too “broken up” into rooms for you(I have photos from here too) .  Oh – and Rose Café at Lakeview is unique and different and west!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards