Florida-South Florida
Options

Is it cute or stupid??

One BM told me it's cute and loves it.. another said it was stupid and I shouldn't do it.

Every time FI and I talk about him wearing a ring, he says he doesn't want to, that it's uncomfortable, he doesn't wear jewelry, etc... so my reply always is... buddy, even if I have to crazy glue it to your finger, you are wearing it!! lol 

So the other day at the store I find these tiny tubes of crazy glue and thought.. how funny would it be if when the officiant tells me to put the ring on his finger, I turn to my BMs and they each pull out the tiny glue tube and pretend to put glue on it.. then put it on his finger. I think that would be really funny! I know he would get a huge kick out of it.

I'm always joking around and saying/doing silly things, so it wouldn't be out of character for me to do something like that.

One BM loved the idea and was very excited about it because she knows how I am.  Another one said, it would ruin the moment, that it would take away from the meaning of it.

I think it would be really funny. I'm also thinking of adding to my vows "I promise to let you keep cooking for me almost every night"... another running joke between us.

Am I wrong here? Is it stupid and it will ruin the moment?

Re: Is it cute or stupid??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds cute to me.

If it's something that is "you" and you want to do it, I think you should. I don't see how a little joke is going to take the meaning out of the moment, especially if you are the type to joke about things.

Personally, I think the best weddings I've been to are the ones where someone says something that makes the whole crowd laugh during the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is adorable and a moment you will both definitely remember...

I was MOH at a friends wedding and when they were exchanging vows, she promised to be good to him in the good and the BED, in front of all our friends and family... total freudian slip but made for a great story...

I say GO FOR IT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds adorable and the guests may not understand it, but your FI will and he'll probably get a laugh out of it and that's what matters.  Maybe just have the one BM that liked the idea act like she's gluing it?  OR she can hand you the super glue and you can act like you're doing it so FI can see the tube of glue and not wonder what BM is doing.:)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP that it's a cute idea. It's a moment that should be personal to you and your fi and you would both really love it. It sounds like fun and I say go for it!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    before I read what other ppl said let me tell you what my reaction was..super cute..u know its ur wedding and it should have meaning for you both and adding in things that has meaning to you guys and hey gets a laught out of ppl at the same time..i say go for it..lol..ok now imma read the other posts :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks girls. That's what I thought... I will do it.

Good point Candis... I think that's even better. Have them hand me the glue for me to do it.

vleon - That's hilarious!  I did a wedding once where the groom said "I take you to be my awfully wedded wife"  :-) Everyone bursted into laughter.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute, especially if it's your personality. Be unique, so go for it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    see they all agreed! LOL.. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's super cute! If you're going for a romantic mood, then no... but if you guys are just silly and want the ceremony to represent the two of you silliness and all... then I say go for it!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my God, please do it. And get it on video.  I wish I could come up with something funny like this!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!
    I was wondering the same thing because I got FI apple (mac) cufflinks since he works witht ehm so much, and ok they might not be the most delicate but its very him
    Do waht YOU want, and what will make YOU laugh and be happy, and you said he would really get a kick out of it, so even better
    :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's funny and very cute!! You need to do what you want to do, remember it's your wedding.  I think people will have a good laugh about it and it's totally unexpected.  I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's hilarious! If it's definitely how you guys are with each other, then this will totally capture your humor.

I also like the idea of the BM handing it to you so he can see it right in front of him.  

And I 100% agree with Janet.. make sure it's caught on video! I wanna see it!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I definitely think this is a cute idea and it wouldn't ruin the moment if it is something that you and your FI would find funny .. it would make it more memorable and special. And yes, please post a video clip afterwards :)

Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think thats a super cute idea...especially if it means something to the both of you and its funny! Remember it's your day...do what will make you happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards