Florida-South Florida
Options

Hair and makeup costs

What are you girls paying for hair and makeup on the wedding day? I'm getting quotes anywhere from $150-$275 so I wanted to see what the norm is. In addition, are you paying extra for things like travel, hair extensions, airbrush makeup? Here are some costs that I was wondering if they are what I should expect to pay.

$150 hair and makeup
$30 travel to Miami
$20 airbrush makeup
$20 fake eyelashes

Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Hair and makeup costs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My hair and makeup is 200. I am in Miami so no travel costs and includes fake eyelashes. I am not doing air brushing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My hair and makeup with lashes is $200 with Yaneth Gray. I'm not doing airbrush makeup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For all that your being charged that seems about right. I'm getting charged $250 for me on my wedding day. That includes hair and airbrush make up. She also was going to put eyelashes on me, but I didn't like the way that they felt. I'm also paying for my 2 BM's and 2 Moms. So for me and the 4 of them I'm paying $800. Plus she charges a 20% fee on top of the $800 the fee covers travel, tip and cost to pay her assistants. So I'd say about $200-$250 is the norm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Christina. I think the norm is 200-250
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is running $200-300 since I might have her stay through the ceremony to do touch ups.  At first I was shocked at how expensive wedding makeup/hair is but then my friend made a good point that I'm paying a ton for photography so I might as well invest in a good MUA to look amazing in pics.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I remember right my MUA is charging me $50 or $75? and i have yet to pick someone to do my hair.  I'm assuming that will be more like 150 - but I honestly just made that number up in my head. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am paying for myself, $100 for make up alone with fake eyelashes; I still pend my hair. No airbrush.

My girls are being charged $60 for make up with eyelashes, no hair.

And no travel costs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been quoted $200 by a couple different girls, no mention of any other fees either...
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten several quotes around that price but have also found some less expensive ones that are just as good.

Make up $40 & Hair $75

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_hair-makeup-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:f38bb6d7-0860-460e-869f-2edc528e0d4ePost:3213a81e-dcee-4c6f-9c23-915c916732f0">Re: Hair and makeup costs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've gotten several quotes around that price but have also found some less expensive ones that are just as good. Make up $40 & Hair $75
    Posted by efont[/QUOTE]

Nice! Who are you going with?? How long is your hair? I'm not doing makeup- I do my own makeup for important days well but do need hair help. Most places I've asked start around $85 for a simple style. I'd say your quotes are the norm!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! :)
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_hair-makeup-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:f38bb6d7-0860-460e-869f-2edc528e0d4ePost:dbb640d6-0148-4cad-a28b-7621c230faef">Re: Hair and makeup costs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hair and makeup costs : Nice! Who are you going with?? How long is your hair? I'm not doing makeup- I do my own makeup for important days well but do need hair help. Most places I've asked start around $85 for a simple style. I'd say your quotes are the norm!
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

Faith, Makeup by Claud. She's really good & so nice. She takes the time to really match your skin color & see what you like & what would compliment you.
    Art of Hair by Claudia. Now she normally charges more for hair. She's giving me a deal because she's my co-worker. Either way, she's worth the price for the hair she does.

There is another lady I talked to, Alcira & she charges $75. I met with her in person & I like her ideas & style. The thing is that I love Claudia's work. I've yet to see one thing I don't like about her work. No matter what I really wanted her to do my hair.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards