I'm going to have to do full reviews on vendors after the wedding but last week I went to Miami and got lots of stuff done. I'm going back tonight (for 36 hours) and hopefully will get much more ... Here's a list:
- First fitting with Reina (second one tomorrow!) - Reina is super sweet, and I have full confidence that my dress will be taken in well and look amazing. My mom also called her about saving the fabric she cuts so my mom can make me a matching purse and she was really awesome about it.
- Makeup/hair trial with Lutz: The makeup was amazing, I feel like I look like myself but so much more glamorous! The hair had some frizz issues but Lutz assures me we can fix it on the day of. Here are all the pictures http://tinyurl.com/yl9exso and here is a teaser:
- Meeting with Gil re flowers: The man is impossible to get a hold of over the phone, but I met with him and he got my vision for minimalist flowers and gave me the best price of anyone. I booked him on the spot.
- Mini DIY - made a black satin shoe clip flower for my BM who had a hard time finding cheap black satin shoes (she's a very tiny size) and wanted to wear her black leather shoes. Also made white chiffon shoe clip flowers for my black shoes that I'll be wearing to the out of town dinner the night before (no pics of that one unfortunately).
- Painted my aisle runner! Picture below! It was a lot easier than I thought. I painted the same drawing twice, once will be near where we're saying the ceremony, another in the middle of the aisle.
In the meantime, FI has been busy too! He's been talking to Shannon (DJ) and getting everything squared away, and he got us a ridiculously awesome price on a trolley to transport us to take our pictures! Oh, and he booked us for emergency dance lessons next week!
Tomorrow I've got my second fitting with Reina and later I'm meeting with Ivette at the Colonnade as well as Karla for my final walk through. I've also got some small stuff to take care of at home (organizing boxes so that they're ready to go to the right place).
I can't believe I have only 15 days left!