Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Outdoor Wedding Venues w/ Indoor Back-Up

I am looking for a good outdoor wedding venue with an indoor back up. I am from NC and my fiance is from ATL so neither of us are very familiar with low-key romantic hide-a-ways in Cleveland.....Any in-put would be greatly appreciated!
PS.

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venues w/ Indoor Back-Up

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since I don't know how many guests you have in mind, what part of Cleveland you'd prefer or what your budget is, I'll just toss out some possibilities for you to check out...

Mapleside Farm in Brunswick
    Tom's Country Place in Lorain
    Michaud's Towne & Country in Strongsville
    Cleveland Botanical Gardens
    Hanna Garden in Cleveland
    Lakefront Community Center in Euclid
    Alpine Valley in Munson Twp
    Punderson Lodge in Newbury Twp
    Sun Valley Banquet & Party Ctr in Aurora
    The Lodge at Geneva in Geneva-on-the-Lake
    Wildwood Cultural Center in Mentor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pamela626pamela626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Manakiki golf course (part of the Metroparks) a few years ago and it was fabulous.  Sammy's does the catering so I think it will probably start around $75 per person.  They did the ceremony outside and reception inside but I believe they do have capabilities to do an outdoor reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JK, Im thinking for a count, no more than 100. My extended family lives in Canton, My immediate family in Independence and his family in Twinsburg/Solon. Id like to find somewhere that doesnt make anyone feel like they are going on a road trip to attend my wedding. I also dont want to be terribly far from the venue itself. My date is 9.10.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at Lake Forest Country Club in Hudson. It looks like an Old English Mansion. They have a really nice outdoor ceremony space, with a great backup location in their formal dining room, which is very beautiful. I actually like the backup space more than the outdoor site! The price is very reasonable, and it's a really unique space - not your typical reception hall at all.

www.lfcc.org
  • Options
    crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Manakiki in Willoughby!  Pics are in my bio!  Our ceremony is outside, and the backup room is in front of a beautiful fireplace.  The reception can either be in their ballroom upstairs or in the tent, which is where we are having ours.  I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Mooreland Mansion in Kirtland, OH. It's about half an hour east of Cleveland and about 45 minutes to an hour north of Akron. They have several different garden areas for use for the ceremony, but the verandah can be enclosed to provide ceremony space in case of rain. It's a nice venue if you are looking at a small wedding. The main dining area seats 90 with additional room on the verandah or in the bar area. Catering is done in house and starts at about $50/person.

Good luck and congrats!

~Samantha

• Options
    dederz2010dederz2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Big Met Golf Course in Fairview park. Has the option of indoor or outdoor with plastic like windows that go up and down, can seat up to 150 and overlooks the 9th hole.

it's called big met terrace by The Big Show Catering. Prices run about 30$/person w/ alcohol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holden Arboretum!!!

holdenarb.org
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ceara,

Try mooreland the amount of ppl that you're talking about would fit perfectly there and also try the Gilford house it's by case western reserve university. Not knowing your budget I don't want to suggest anything to expensive. But those and Rustic Hills should be some places for you to check out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards