Florida-South Florida

Polite RSVP Wording

Im doing my rsvp's online (not by mail) i just dont know how to word it with out sounding super rude..... Im not giving everyone the option to bring a date. only those with significant others and those who dont know anyone else are allowed to bring dates.

when you rsvp on my wedding website it has a box to put a name and either choose 1 or 2 guest. - i dont want EVERYONE putting a plus 1 JUST BECAUSE. you ladies know how pricey it can get.

right now i have this wording:  Only enter one name in your party as it appeared on your invitation.

can anyone suggest what else i can say to make it clear?

Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Polite RSVP Wording

• edited December 2011
    I'm having the same issue, except mine will be on paper. 
    I don't know if I should just write the name of the person or people and a number where the M line is....

Anway, since yours is online, I think the wording you have is fine.  It's not really RUDE.  It's just what it is.  There is no way that you can prefill the names on the RSVP tracker?  And they can just check yes or no? I think that's how a few websites I've seen have it. 
  • edited December 2011
    no, this website doesnt let you insert the names like the others do :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    aw, but I think the way you're wording it is okay.  It's hard to come up with something to tell guests not to be mooches and bring a date lol.  I totally know how you feel.  Just try to make the intro to saying that as sweet as possible.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! GL with your wording :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_polite-rsvp-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:fd3eae7a-e3d7-4aeb-a568-60da65057016Post:4cb0d1d5-3dbe-4bdd-aa55-4422ee4f1be1">Polite RSVP Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im doing my rsvp's online (not by mail) i just dont know how to word it with out sounding super rude..... Im not giving everyone the option to bring a date. only those with significant others and those who dont know anyone else are allowed to bring dates. when you rsvp on my wedding website it has a box to put a name and either choose 1 or 2 guest. - i dont want EVERYONE putting a plus 1 JUST BECAUSE. you ladies know how pricey it can get. right now i have this wording:   <strong>Only enter one name in your party as it appeared on your invitation. c</strong>an anyone suggest what else i can say to make it clear? Thanks so much!
    Posted by shoegirl00[/QUOTE]

I find this rude.   It's a patronizing way to address your guests.  You should always assume that people understand etiquette, like only rsvping for themselves, and then politely address violations as they come up.  But this wording implies that you predict the worst from people.

I don't think you need to say anything to be honest.  RSVPs are fairly self explainatory.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    173 Invites are in the mail! image
    58 are ready to party! image
    32 are missing out. image
    83 are nowhere to be found. image
    RSVP date is November 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards