Florida-South Florida
Options

To sell or not to sell? (wedding dress)

When i first got my dress i told my husband that i would sell it after the wedding. Now i dont want to part ways with it, not only that but i honestly dont think ANYONE would buy it since its such an untraditional dress to wear to a wedding. but i LOVE it and im running out of excuses to hold on to it. any advice on how to tell husband  I AM KEEPING IT!!!! or am i being selfish? the cash would be nice....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To sell or not to sell? (wedding dress)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Was it uber expensive that you feel guilty keeping it? Because if not I would definitely keep it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was $4K .. I do feel guilty but at the same time i dont. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what you can do....Make it in to a cocktail dress and the remaider fabric can be made into a baby outfit for a bris or baptism....?
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suppose if you're really sentimental about it, you should keep it.

Maybe it's because I haven't gotten married yet, or because I don't feel ubber attached to my dress, but I have no intentions of keeping mine. I don't see what I would do with it, and have no expectation of a future daughter of mine to wear it. However, if you love it and want to hold on to it, then keep it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who wore hers on her one year anniversary - she also had an untraditional wedding dress.  Just an idea.

IMHO, you have photos of yourself in the dress and memories that will last a lifetime. If you want the cash for the next chapter in your life with your new hubby, then I say sell it.  Maybe if you sell it to someone who loves it as much as you do it won't sting as bad.  GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep it. In my opinion, you'll only ever get one wedding dress. If you're sentimental about it and don't want to cut ties with it, just keep it.

However, I'm sure another bride would love your dress too and perhaps you could donate it? Just a suggestion!

As cheesball-y as this sounds, if in your heart you know you don't want to sell/give away your dress, don't. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with twinkle :) I love my dress but really not sure what I would do with it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls. i am going to fight to keep it. :)

and the making it into a cocktail dress suggestion doesnt work since its already so short to begin with :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards