Sports Weddings

penn state!!!

Is this board new?!  I've been looking for other football/penn state ideas for our wedding.  Any one else doing football things?!
imageimageimage

Re: penn state!!!

• Hey!! We are getting married April 30, 2011 and are having a blue and white wedding.. PSU theme.. but I am not sure how far to take the whole "football" theme... do you have any ideas for me of what too include or what not to include? Thanks!
  • Acrom...

I put a very small paw print on the invitation (PIB).  I am having a penn state garter.  We may play the alma mater at the ceremony in the recessional.  THe cake topper is the couple playing football (PIB).  FI is maybe changing into the psu vest under his tux for the reception (sold at Connections in state college, pa).  We tried to keep it classy and avoid a lot of cheesey things :)
    imageimageimage
  • Yeah thats what we want to do too.. not make it too cheesy lol. I already have the penn state garter haha! The cake topper is a neat idea. We both have PSU jersey's so I was thinking of m/b putting them on to walk into the reception (I would just put mine on over my dress...), but I am not sure yet? What do you think of that idea??
  • We talked about it.  Mine is a little too tight to do it.. I have a lot of beading on my bodice and I don't want to catch it on the jersey.  But I think it's a good idea!!

I looked at making table numbers out of jersey material cut like shirts with numbers and stuffing them with cotton.  But I'm running out of time so I made regular cardstock ones :(.  We were going to get new jerseys, one 7 and one 17 for our wedding date for our e-pics or our STD.... but we skipped that too. 
    imageimageimage
  • I'm glad you mentioned that.. for some reason I never thought about my jersey getting caught on my beading lol. I will have to look into that, Thanks! I am sure the cardstock one's look fine. For our save the dates we are doing ones that resemble football tickets.. they should turn out good. What color blue are you using.. navy blue?
  • Yea just navy blue and white.  My shower was pink & black for the original PSU colors... my tossing bouquet is pink & black... and my other flowers have some light pink in them just to soften the other colors.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards