Sports Weddings
Options

Wedding at Lambeau Field

My finace and I are both huge Packers fans. And we are getting married at Lambeau Field, in Green Bay, where the Packers play for those who aren't familiar :). The ceremony and reception are both going to be held there, they have amazing rooms on the upper levels of the stadium. But I have been noticing an issue with all of this lately while trying to plan. Obviously some parts of our wedding will be Packer/football themed because of location and well we do love the Packers. But I'm getting nervous that its going to start to be less of a wedding and more of a game day party. Anyone have any ideas/decorations/anythings that would be appropriate (not necessarily football themed). I just don't want my wedding to look like a mismatch of a football-y and 'normal' wedding.

(Wordy I know! Sorry!)

Re: Wedding at Lambeau Field

• Options
    My FI and I are getting married at M&T Bank Stadium where the Baltimore Ravens play.  As the PP said, I am naming my tables after our favorite players and using their jersey numbers as the table numbers...for the table I am going to print out pictures of each jersey and put it in a picture frame.

We are also incorporating purple into our color scheme because the place is of course covered in purple and black.  We are having our pictures taken on the field and in the club level there is a lot of Ravens memorabilia.

I am in the same boat as you.  We love the Ravens but we don't want a Ravens wedding...we want a wedding at Ravens stadium (if that makes sense).  So I say let the back drop speak for itself and maybe throw in one or two "football" type items that pays respect to the Packers but isn't overly obvious/obnoxious.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards