Ohio-Cleveland
Options

HELP....

Hello. I hope im not being annoying by posting this post. If i am, please forgive me. I need help!!!! I got engaged 8-1-12 and since then I have been on cloud nine, exepct  when people start to ask me about the big day. I have NO idea what I want.  we have a date set , or rather an ideal date of 8-1-14, so I have some time to plan. I would like to do a beach ceramony in south carolina, however we have a budget of 5,000.00 so would it be wise to stay in cleveland and plan something??? Any and all ideas and suggestions will be accepted!!!

Re: HELP....

• Options

Don't shut out the idea of a destination wedding. Do some research into on locations & prices. Keep in mind that some people may not be able to attend due to costs. But if you are going to do a destination wedding, the sooner you tell people the better so they can plan for it financially & with their vacation time.

If you do a local wedding chances are you guest will grow because we'll you're close to home so you should invite this co-worker , neighbor, etc.. There are some very nice beaches in the Northeast Ohio that could give you a wonderful experience.

I say since time is on your side right now, research both possibilities. One you have some figures & details maybe talk to the people closest to you who you would really want there on your special day to see if you were to have a destination wedding, if they think they would be able to do it.

Basically research both, do the pros & cons of both locations & then you'll probably feel better about your decision. Good luck!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_help-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:df8efc5e-4638-430f-b54e-75383ee88c56Post:a57438af-c93a-4be8-958a-70797de14293">Re: HELP....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't shut out the idea of a destination wedding. Do some research into on locations & prices. Keep in mind that some people may not be able to attend due to costs. But if you are going to do a destination wedding, the sooner you tell people the better so they can plan for it financially & with their vacation time. If you do a local wedding chances are you guest will grow because we'll you're close to home so you should invite this co-worker , neighbor, etc.. There are some very nice beaches in the Northeast Ohio that could give you a wonderful experience. I say since time is on your side right now, research both possibilities. One you have some figures & details maybe talk to the people closest to you who you would really want there on your special day to see if you were to have a destination wedding, if they think they would be able to do it. Basically research both, do the pros & cons of both locations & then you'll probably feel better about your decision. Good luck!
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    Honetly $5000 will be tough. Except maybe at a Rec center or church
    PP has a point, destination wedding may be the way to go
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards