Gothic Weddings

Post your goth wedding playlist

Is anyone having goth music?

I'm planning on having a little - or at least some synthpop.   Okay - at least, these are songs often played at my local goth club.  Also, my DJ is a friend who is in my synthpop/goth band, but Im providing the playlist.  My wedding will not be goth in its look, but I figure I can play music my friends like.

New Order - True Faith
Numa Numa - (It's geeky, and better than the chicken dance.)
Iris - Annie would I lie to you (maybe.)
I wonder if some VNV Nation would make my family go WHAT?

My mother might cringe at any sisters of mercy or random death rock that you post, but I wouldn't.
Photobucket

Re: Post your goth wedding playlist

• For our wedding, we're not going to have "gothic" music, but we will have a lot of alternative music, and a few of the songs definitely have darker subjects (our wedding is music themed down to the very last detail). We're having our friend play pretty acoustic versions of some of our favorite songs for the ceremony, such as Chiodos and Pierce The Veil, songs with very pretty arrangements. We're having 80's rock music for the first 90 minutes of the reception. (Journey, Bon Jov, Def Leppard, etc)

Then we'll have the male half of our wedding party (including the groom who screams in the band haha) play with their band, which should be awesome! Then we narrowed down a song selection for the rest of the night, a very very very hard task, it hurt to narrow it down to the ones that we absolutely need!

The first dance will most likely be to "Kissing In Cars" by Pierce The Veil
    The garter toss will definitely be "Situations" by Escape the Fate
    The wedding party will enter to the theme song of "The Whitest Kids U' Know" (hopefully)
    When we walk back down the aisle (after we become husband and wife!) we'll have the Final Fantasy fanfare music that you hear after a battle success in the game.
    I'm thinking about walking down the aisle to an arrangement of Alkaline Trio's "radio" since the lyrics won't be known to most guests (haha I might walk down the aisle to a song whose lyrics include "shaking like a dog shitting razorblades")

These songs will be played after the band plays, until we are too exhausted to dance and want to call it a night, obviously not in this order though:

Alesana:
    Apology (acoustic)
    All Night Dance Parties In The Underground Palace
    Congratulations, I Heart You

Alkaline Trio:
    Love Love, Kiss Kiss
    Time To Waste
    This Addiction (acoustic)
    Radio

Armor For Sleep: 
    Dream To Make Believe
    Raindrops
    Slip Like Space
    Remember to Feel Real
    Stay On The Ground

Blink-182:
    What's My Age Again?
    All The Small Things
    The Rock Show

Chiodos:
    Is It Progression If A Cannibal Uses A Fork?
    Lexington (Joey Pea-Pot With A Monkey Face)
    Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered
    Life Is A Perception Of Your Own Reality
    Intensity In Ten Cities

Enter Shikari:
    Solidarity
    Juggernauts
    Havok A
    Antwerpen

Escape The Fate:
    Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche

Greeley Estates:
    Y'all With The Vampire Squad
    Secret
    Through Waiting

Green Day:
    Longview
    Basket Case

My Chemical Romance:
    Disenchanted
    Vampires Will Never Hurt You
    Give 'Em Hell, Kid
    To The End
    You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
    I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
    The Ghost Of You
    Thank You For The Venom

Nirvana:
    Smells Like Teen Spirit

Pierce The Veil:
    Chemical Kids And Mechanical Brides
    Yeah Boy And Doll Face
    Falling Asleep On A Stranger
    The Balcony Scene
    Beat It

Rise Against:
    Swing Life Away

Saosin:
    Voices
    You're Not Alone
    Seven Years

Senses Fail:
    one eight seven
    Martini Kiss
    Rum Is For Drinking, Not For Burning
    NJ Falls Into The Atlantic
    Calling All Cars

Silverstein:
    If You Could See Into My Soul
    Still Dreaming
    My Heroine
    Call It Karma

Sky Eats Airplane:
    Giants in the Ocean
    In Retrospect
    The Artificial

A Static Lullaby:
    Rattlesnake!
    Under Water Knife Fight
    Toxic
    Eager Cannibals

Taking Back Sunday:
    MakeDamnSure

The Used:
    I Caught Fire

It's so hard to pick songs that we love that would be wedding appropriate, we picked a lot of mainstream songs so guests that don't like alternative music like us can have a good time too.
  • I love the final fantasy thing - your friends will love it (though your family may not get the joke.)

All my fun music is restricted to the reception - my church requires classical and church music.  But Im okay with that.  I can slip my depeche mode into the reception dancing.
    Photobucket
  • And here I was thinking a little instumental CoF and MetallicA would be in the mix. LOL! Im letting the boy chose the music, he's better at it than I am.
  • Thanks, I think FF music will be an amazing touch!

Kissed By Fire: you may want to look into the Vitamin String Quartet for some great instrumental songs. I think I want their music to be played during dinner http://www.vitaminrecords.com/web/page.asp?pgs=products&catid=54
  • I keep seeing this post and I wish I could post mine, but the damn speakers on our computer don't work right now. I'll work on my playlist more when they're fixed or when I get a new laptop. It really sucks.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards