Gothic Weddings

Poll: Music

What music are you using? Have a special first dance song?

Re: Poll: Music

• Our first dance is from Avenged Sevenfold. We're playing instrumental versions (Apocolyptica, anyone?) of J's favorite heavy metal songs during dinner, with others thrown in there, of course. Haven't decided what I'm walking down the aisle to yet or what we're walking back with, so any suggestions are welcome!
  • We were planning on using "The Phanom of the Opera," but now we're going to dance to "This Kind of Love" By Sister Hazel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I need help with a nontraditional first dance song. I’m not doing a gothic wedding by any means but thought you girls would be my best chance of finding a very nontraditional first dance song for FI and I. FI is a big metal head (me not so much) but I promised him if he could find an “appropriate” heavy metal song we could use it. Well I can’t find a thing – he loves Black Label Society and specifically anything that Zakk Wylde does so I was hoping to find something in that area for him, if I wait for him we will have no first dance song =). So any suggestions? There is a song on Youtube that Zakk did about a year or so ago (that started this whole thing) and its really mellow but its not out on CD.  
    image Ready or not here we go !
  • Woods, if it's on youtube, burn it! You should be able to record the song onto your computer and then burn it onto a disc. Problem solved! What's the song called? Maybe one of us can find it for you.
  • We thought of that but there is talking over him singing. It’s a recording that was done in his basement of a song written for his wife. I just tried finding it on you tube again and can’t find it – I’ll have to get the specific name from FI.
  • My friend's son found a bunch of instrumental music online recently and sent us a link. It's not just Apocolyptica either. Question. Can you find the lyrics and music to the song and see if someone can play it for you? If you can, get us the name of the song and I'll see what I can do.
  • I talked to FI last night – he said the song never had an actual title – I feel like I have been searching for a ghost ship. So any suggestions you guys may have would be great. I think me may just go instrumental and call it a day.
  • I forget. Is this for your first dance or? I have plenty of music suggestions!
  • It's for the first dance. I really don't want traditional = )
  • We're using Avenged Sevenfold's Warmness on the Soul.
  • I just watched the video for Warmness on the Soul I love it – I sent it to FI to watch. Hopefully It’ll be edgy enough for him but it’s not so edgy to scare Grandma. = ) Thanks for the suggestion you’re the best.
  • Totally check out the lyrics online, too. It's a song very special to J & I. I hope FI likes it!
  • You can download songs from kohit.net too ;)We're dancing to Magic by Colbie Caliat
  • Our first dance will be to "Atlanta" by STP. Not as metal, but definately rocks. My FI is making a custom playlist to give to the dj of instumental metal songs and some Apocolyptica.
  • Ok, so I love that your first dance is Warmness on the Soul. I'm a big A7X fan, but won't be picking that song, mostly because my MOH would kill me! She was the one that introduced me to the band years ago, and she called that as her wedding song pretty much the first time we heard it, so I'm being nice, ha ha.So far as the hubs and I, we haven't decided definitely, but since we're both music people, we've got a lot of ideas. Mostly, we're looking for something that's a bit irreverent, but isn't going to rub more traditional family members the wrong way. I'd love to hear suggestions if you guys have any. We're both fans of all different sorts of music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards