Gothic Weddings

Worried about anything?

I was just informed that we will need to rent additional tables/chairs and possibly a tent by my caterer for the venue. Uh, what? We're under 3 mos out. Grr... Anything getting under your skin?

Re: Worried about anything?

• My FMIL just threw a hissy fit because we didn't want to add her extremely distant relatives to our already overflowing guest list, so she decided she wouldn't give us any money to help with the wedding or pay for the rehearsal dinner. *sigh*
  • Almost everyone that said they were definitely coming has backed out for some reason or another. I understand because of the economy, so I'm not really worried, just disappointed. On the other hand, I did anticipate a small turn out, so I rented a smaller room at the restaurant and saved some money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm worried that my friend will punch me out when she finds out that her husband knew about our secret ceremony all along and didn't tell her since he's going to be our officiant.
    Photobucket
  • Secret ceremony, Witchy? Details :P
  • Ditto Pumpkin- so many people have backed out of attending our wedding-including out BM and MOH. Also worried because FMIL doesn't want FSMIL (future step mother in law) sitting with FFIL during the ceremony or reception...worried she will have a fit when she realizes that she is doing both...
  • MC, That's his wife. Where does she want her to sit?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • in the back. According to FMIL it's HER day and FSMIL is going to be taking away from that by sitting there. Because you know, when the bride is marching down the aisle EVERYONE is really focused on the parents  ::sarcasm:: lol
  • Hee hee, we're being sneaky petes. We're inviting everyone to our annual Halloween bash and our parents are going to be in the basement. Once everyone arrives we're going to some how announce that it's more then a Halloween party...I can't wait to see everyones face. Some people do know like my parents and sister as well as his mom but no one else knows LOL. It's the hardest secret i've ever had to keep.
    Photobucket
  • We'll that's pretty badass! We just revamped our guestlist and knocked about 30 out (half of them got STDs). Yes, I realize this is wrong and very tacky, but J has recently gotten sober and decided he didn't want to be surrounded by people from the bar on his day. So I am respecting his wishes. We haven't been in the bar in about 3 weeks and don't plan on going back in anytime soon. If anybody asks (which I doubt) I will probably tell them we cut back to family only because of recent circumstances (his being sober and his step-mom's passing over the weekend). I think they will understand. If not, well, I guess they weren't really friends in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards