Gothic Weddings

My "scary" wedding accesssories

My club board made me sad. Everyone was posting their accessories so I posted my veil and bouquet....my feedback included "dark", "scary" and "frankly, ugly"  I happen to love them.....maybe I just posted on the wrong board?[img]http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.87124266.jpg[/img] [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SO0B3Q_Mmus/SjkY3dk0LvI/AAAAAAAABH4/cZGXqEmgSbo/s400/feather+wedding+bouquet+5.jpg [/img]

Re: My "scary" wedding accesssories

• Those are badass!  I love the bouquet- are those feathers?  Mine isn't made yet, but I will have black and red roses and I'm really not sure what else yet.And if October 2010 is anything like October 2009, those chicks are fuucking lame.
  • Those are sweet! I wanted to go with a mini top hat and birdcage veil, but I got shot down by everyone, so I ended up going traditional. I guess it didn't go well with my dress anyway
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amblizman - Thank you! Yes, the bouquet if feathers. I made it myself using this pic as inspiration. Pumpkin - my gown is black so the top hat works perfectly, it's a hard look to pull together without a colored gown. I'm positive your veil is perfect!
  • Your club board obviously has NO taste!!! Your accesories are awesome!!
    Photobucket
  • I love all of your ideas! Of course, I am having a black and white cake and having a loose damask type theme. And my gown is black and ivory, my shoes are black with sequins, and all of my flowers are dark red, burnt orange, and deep purple. So, I may be alittle biased. Some people can't see beauty outside of their own pre-set notions of it. Also consider that as your second wedding you may be a little more willing to buck tradition. I know that my being a second-time bride I am doing things that I probably wouldn't have considered for my first. Plus, you know what they say about opinions! (I just gave you mine) It is all beautiful! Good luck!
  • Thank you ladies....I appreciate your ability to see something other than pink roses and cathedral veils as beautiful. I feel much happier!
  • I am a bit late to the discussion...but I had to say I love that bouquet!!!!!! (Hat and veil is really cool too) but wow!!! You said you had actually used it as a copy for you own...did you make it? How? Sorry I really like and want to steal it :P
  • LOL! I have a cathedral veil! ;-D But it's cool, we all find the things that fit us best, including fiances! Best of luck!
  • I freeking love your bouquet! and yea, the repsonses you get will totally depend on where you post. I've gotten "ZOMG THAT'S AWESOME!" and "Wow, you're depressing and probaby should seek treatment before getting married." Okay, that comment was nice and necessary lolWhat matters is that YOU love it! Its your special day! I think it rocks!
  • OMG - totally love them! And I agree with the pp's - it all does depend on where you post. I think I posted a total of 1 time on my club board before finding the great gals on my Boston board (which I now never stray from - until I found this board!). I can't tell you the amount of generic weddings I've been too. I love that you (and everyone here actually!) are being creative, unique, and true to yourself. If I have to go to one more wedding with pink roses and canon in D playing I'll jump off a bridge... I get the strangest responses when I tell people I'm getting married on Halloween. It's our favorite holiday, so deal. I think people just are stuck in their own perceptions - like a pp said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards