Gothic Weddings
Options

My irritation, let me show you it.

Ok, so my RSVP date is less than a week away and we have 75 invites still out (they went out Sept 1st). We received none today and I am started to get a tad irritated. I am not about calling people at the last min because I feel that they are adults and do not need babysat. I want to think that I will receive 75 RSVP's in the next week..I am a little more realistic than that. blurg. So my question to you all whose RSVP's are coming up...what up with all this???
"I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: My irritation, let me show you it.

• Options
    We sent our 7 invites...7! You'd think we'd get them all back but nooooo we've gotten 2. And one of those I had to pick up myself. She didn't even mail it. Like thanks. I could have saved myself the 52 cents lol!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    There are several RSVPs we never got back. Those are the ones we called. We got a firm number by doing that. Otherwise we would have never gotten them all back. People suck like that.
  • Options
    We haven't sent ours out yet (not getting mailed til Feb) but its all to family (28 invites). We'll never get them back LOL They'll all call or I'll have to call them..You know, the whole attitude of "I'm Nana, I don't have to RSVP she knows I'm coming" etc etc etc. I don't care, you STILL have to RSVP!!!
  • Options
    Seriously! What is up with people? Why cant they just do what they are told??
    "I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ours was Monday... Monday morning, we had about 70 no responders.  Monday after work, I had 12 more responses, and we've managed to track down most everyone with stragglers coming through the mail.  We're down to 6.  Of course in calling people on Monday, I had two people ask if they were allowed to bring a guest.  FI and I decided to cut the plus ones except for couples who are engaged, married or in an otherwise serious relationship because giving a +1 would have meant an additional 50 or so people.  And, enough of our friends are invited that the few who have casual s/o's should still have enough people to mingle with.  One even asked if it would help if he and his gf split the entree.  WTF? No!
  • Options
    Gee whiz, I'm scared of the whole waiting for RSYP's thing! My wedding isn't until next July! I have a feeling I'll be making a lot of phone calls. It must be especially annoying knowing that the RSVP card has a stamp on it, but people are just too lazy to lick the envelope and pop it in the mail! I've thought about all kinds of screwed up ways to make people send them back, but it's all just to humor myself while I plan everything!!! I'm sure you can imagine what those thing could be! LOL!!!!! Good luck ladies! I am so excited for everyone who is getting married REALLY soon! I can't wait to see the photos! We'll see what happens in July for me.......
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    Ours are due this Saturday. I still have about 100 ppl/ 40 invites to hear back from. They have been trickling in 2 or 3 a day. I expected a flood this past week, but none ever came! My Mom and FMIL are going to have alot of phone calls to make Saturday! LOL!
  • Options
    This happened to us...the thing that P*****D me off are the insane amount of people who actually told me that they just thought I assumed they were coming and they didn't send anything back. It's like, really? I am a mind reader now huh. LAME-O
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, I am waiting for that one. "Oh...I just assumed that you knew I was coming..." I will soooooooo loose it when someone pulls that on me....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards