Gothic Weddings

Halloween 2010 Wedding!

Im getting married on Halloween. I think i've been on almost every single halloween decor website ever.
I just can't seem to find the decorations that I want.
Im trying to keep it in Tim Burton style so if you know any sites please let me know!!
Or if you have any awesome ideas.

Re: Halloween 2010 Wedding!

• what about jack o lanterns? this website has tim burton inspired pumpkin carving patterns
    http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/patterns.php
  • yea, I was thinking of having them line the walk way into the hall. Sweet thanks for the link!
  • We got married on Halloween last year and while my bio is a bit sparse feel free to have a look at it. We really lucked out last year since Wal Mart's Halloween decor was a lot of black glittery things. We did a lot of DIY and also hit up the local dollarama and got a ton of tall jar candles. Good luck.
    Photobucket
  • I am getting married on the 30th of October and the theme to our wedding is The Nightmare Before Christmas :) we got civily married on Halloween of 2005 but we are finally making it offical in our church this time. I wish you luck :)

As for decorations we are going to spray paint some pumpkins black and have a character drawn on the pumpkin in silver or carved out to line up in the hallway entering the reception site. Our centerpieces are edible, cake pops that we are going to put in a red vase that is full of black sand with some of those long wooden stick curly things from michaels that we are going to spray pain black and glittery... Table cloths will be black, lots of candles, some mirrors things like that... Let me know what you are doing! I need some ideas too
  • Don't know if you've decided on flowers yet, but I am going to use some fiddle head ferns in my bouquet -they just really seem to be NBC/Time Burton...y *Laughs*
    BTW, you picked a great date, I'm getting married on Halloween this year too! Be sure to share what you find with us!
  • I'm getting married on Halloween this year too! :) I figured I wouldn't be the only one ;) I'm just having issues getting started with the planning. I really don't know where to begin! So many options. I like the Nightmare Before Christmas idea...and black glittery things. I saw a site that had tons of different ribbons hanging from branches over the reception area and thought that looked really pretty. I think it would look even more awesome in my colors...Black, Silver, and Purple (more like a Lavendar as that's my favorite color). I also saw in a show where they had live goldfish in glass vases as part of the centerpiece. Then our guests would have a little friend to take with :) hehe... Any other ideas/suggestions? What websites have y'all found to be helpfull in planning a Halloween Wedding?
  • i'm also getting married on halloween this year! I'm having a lot of nightmare before xmas details while also making it a masquerade ball.  my sister found me this website that has cake toppers, cake cutting stuff, toasting fluts, etc all nightmare before xmas on it.  http://www.fairytaleweddingstore.com/rcProdmain.asp?id=69 i hope this helps you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're having a masquerade ball as well! Do you have any details planned out yet? I'd love to hear them if so : ) We could compare notes, *Laughs*
  • Im getting married on Oct 17, 2010 and my is also NBFC. Love that movie. Wanted my wedding Halloween groom didn't want it because of when we have kids they will want to trick or treat and the mansion we are getting married won't let us. O well we still we have a great wedding.
  • I'm getting married on October 27, 2011 and my Theme is Tim Burton in general (we're taking ideas from all of his kick ass movies...only because I refuse to narrow it down to the one). It should be fun! Expensive but fun! And I have no fiance to help me with the planning looks as if I have to depend on the bridesmaids and maid of honor! I am sooo stressed! What to do first?
  • I am getting married in October of 2012 (Footing wedding bill on my own, so it's going to take time.)  This is both of our second weddings and we both did the traditional white wedding the first time around.  This time, we want elegant and fun.   I am so excited.  If anyone wants to discuss ideas, I'd love to chat. 

Im on venue overload because I am trying to find a historical venue in Columbus, OH that will fit into my budget.  Not an easy task. 

We are doing costumes for our wedding.  For our attire we have played with an angel/devel theme for the wedding party.  We also considered recreating the outfits from the dance scene in Jim Henson's labyrinth.  Our most current idea is to take the disney princes and princesses and recreate the costumes using black and red.  (I sew renfest costumes, so no issue with the attire creation).  Another idea was to allow each attendant pick and purchase their own costume, but a lot of our attendants are plus size, so we abandoned that idea. 

I am going to do a lot of DYI projects to save money, because I want this to be a Halloween party to remember. 
  • edited May 2010
    October 30 2010 wedding here too! I am keeping along the lines of Draculas wedding. I am doing a black brides maids dress as my wedding dress. The brides maids will be in deep red. I got glitter skulls that have open eye sockets & are also candle holders. I am going to place them on old dictionaries & place spanish moss around them for centerpieces. I went to the dollar store last October & got tiny tombstones & bones to scatter along the buffet table. I am going to have black magic roses & deep red calla lillies for my main flowers. Creepy cupcakes website has a lot of good ideas too. They have an awesome how to do bloody nails i might do too. What are you all doing for your wedding favors? Did I mention I have a black diamond engagement ring?
  • Right now Halloween stuff is hitting the stores. Especially Michaels they have ALOT of what we needed. Almost done buying everything!
    Can't wait!

Add me on facebook if u want to chat more halloween wedding chat!

http://facebook.com/HisStupidLamb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards