Gothic Weddings

I dream in candy.

I know they are waaayyyyy popular, BUT candy buffets are also tons of fun, and fun is good. I was going to have giant brownies as my edible favors, but I just think this will be more fun, and really pretty to look at. A friend of mine got married on Saturday and I got to see the pictures of her candy buffet. I asked her about it, and then the gears started really turning.

So I had a dream last night about our candy buffet. I've been struggling to figure how to afford the containers for the candy. Apothecary jars are expensive. I could actually see the layout with the colors of candy that I want to use. So I'm thinking black m&m's, white m&m's, caramel squares, three colors of green jelly bellys (in different containers), some of those straight candy canes in green, black and white, and (maybe) brown, I think I would like something chocolate covered. In the cookware section at Walmart they sell clear glass cake stands with covers...well, in that section they have clear glass bowls of different sizes. I might use those if I can't afford the apothecary jars.

I am planning to cover the candy buffet until the reception with a piece of black lace, because I've heard MANY stories of people getting into it before it was time.

I'm excited to tell my maid of honor that I think I figured this out.

Anyone else having a candy buffet, or been to a wedding that had one?
Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards