Gothic Weddings
Options

hello, hello!

I'm getting married next september and I have lots of things to decide!

Firstmost, I am wiccan and I'm planning an outside ceremony with the traditional handfasting with a lot of other aspects of my religion tied in.  Trying to make it so it's not all"in your face". I want people to see the beauty of it all and not take offense but alas, can't please everyone! So I have been writting my own ceremony and I'm getting a nondemonational officiant to read and perform it.

I beleive I have figured out the majority of it: Having stands with a pillar candle in each corner and having ushers stand by them and light them at the beginning of cermony. Following that, officiant says thier opening and we light the unity candle as the "alter candle". Another important aspect is that we are doing the cord tying at the same time as ring exchange. While we are exchanging the vows, the cords gets tied.  At the end we are jumping the broom before kissing. Then the ushers blow out the candles in oppostie order while the officiant says a closing phrase.

Any suggestions on this would be wonderful!

For reception i am going all out masquerade ball. Tulle everywhere, a big momogram banner (also ties in with my religion), mask, potted plants, christmas bulbs, beads, candles, twinkle lights, stars and moons.

Anybody tried to do masquerade themes before? I'm limiting the colors to green and silver (wedding colors) with a dash of gold, copper, and cream to make the colors stand out more.

Re: hello, hello!

• Options
    Welcome to the board! I love the ideas you have for your ceremony. I'm also trying not to "spook" anybody, but just make everything a mixture of earth worship and elegance. I haven't seen too many pictures of a masquerade ball wedding yet, but I think it's a very festive idea. If it's what you love, you gotta do it! Feel free to join in on any conversation and strike up your own topics. I'm looking forward to seeing more ideas from you. Blessed be!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    Do you have an officiant for the ceremony? If you don't you should find one before you start planning too in depth, because they help you A LOT with getting the ceremony to run smoothly. With my officiant, we're having a typical Lutheran ceremony, but I don't want to press God on anyone, since I'm not very religious at all. We're also writing our own vows, I always liked the idea but was intimidated by it, but it'll only be a few minutes of us saying why we love each other and whatnot, in between the other sections of the ceremony. I know my officiant knows his way around hand fasting, since he and his wife have had a hand fasting twice and then they had a traditional non-denominational ceremony. So I would definitely start interviewing officiants, as they'll be able to help you out a lot without being too "in your face" about religion, since they're professionals!
  • Options

Sounds wonderful! With those colors and masks, I'd be careful about getting too mardi gras (unless that's the direction you want to go). I suggest googling the ballroom scene from Labyrinth, and the Phantom of the Opera masquerade for images and ideas. Both are very unique.

AphroditeJules Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great pictures and ideas!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    thanks for the idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards