Gothic Weddings

Making Guests Comfortable

I'm having my wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel, but I'm worried that my guests might be a little shocked or uncomfortable at the style of the wedding.  I was thinking about perhaps having a separate area that's quieter than the craziness the dance floor is bound to be for the older/more conservative guests, but I don't want them to feel "banished" what should I do?!?!

Re: Making Guests Comfortable

• We're incorporating a lounge area with couches and soft lighting. It's inside of a structure that looks a bit like a giant huppah. It's part of the main reception area but off to the side a bit and across the room from the DJ.

• That would seem like an awesome venue to me! I know what you mean about the concern you have for your more conservative/elderly guests. Our venue has a room just off the main dance floor with fireplaces, couches and recliners that our guests can go to if they want to get away from the music or don't want to dance, but don't want to sit at the cocktail tables. Maybe your venue has something similar they can offer?

Oh, and there is no door from the dance floor to the next room, just a pretty arched doorway so they aren't "banished" and don't feel left out. Let us know what you find!
  • Those both sound like great ideas!  I'll have to talk the the HRH liason and see what they can offer, thanks so much for the advice, I knew other people must have been able to pull this off one way or another!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards