Ohio-Cleveland

Thinking about getting married next month

We were planning our wedding for next August/September but my fiance really wants to get married this year. I don't have any reason not to, we were going to wait until next year just for the weather. I have been looking up reception venues and it's been a challenge. A lot of places I have seen are too expensive for what they are offering. I have hardly found any that I like.

Anyone have any experience?
Married the love of my life on Friday, December 16, 2011!

Re: Thinking about getting married next month

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you expect? East, west or south? What 'per person' rate do you consider to be expensive? Also, with such short notice and it being so close to holiday party season, finding available dates anywhere may be a challenge. Which places have you looked at and liked (to give us an idea of what you are envisioning)?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Are you planning a big party for the reception? It might be tough to get a venue, caterer, cake, bartender, DJ, etc at this point, since many vendors start to book up 6 months or more in advance. Especially tough if you're on a budget, which limits you a bit more!

But if you don't want all that, it'll be easier. What kind of venue are you looking for?

What made your FI decide he wants to move up the weding date?
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Remember that people may already have plans since your date would only be a month away.  Be prepared for guests to not be able to come because of preivous obligagions.
  • edited December 2011
    We have decided on doing it in December and I have been in contact with a ton of reception venues. I am just waiting on our #1 choice to call back and confirm!

We are looking at about 45 guests at the reception, I am looking into renting out a private room at one of our favorite bars/restaruants. We want it very intimate. Pretty much all of the people we would want there would be there regardless of the date, doing it this soon is kind of a perk because it helps weed out the guest list without people getting mad at us!

I just need some more ideas on ceremony sites, we do not want a church wedding but right now that seems like the easiest option. :/
    Married the love of my life on Friday, December 16, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards