Gothic Weddings

Your childhood dream wedding....

First off I want to say that I am so glad that my computer is working properly and it has had a major upgrade so I can use it without problems. I was resorting to reading wedding magazines in the magazine aisle at Walmart, and looking at catalogs that I get in the mail....Soooo glad I have internet that isn't a major pain in the *** to use!

The good thing about reading those magazines is that I saw things that reminded me of my childhood dream of what I wanted my wedding to be like when I was a little girl.

Before I get into my childhood dream wedding I wanted to ask you all about how you pictured yours....
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Your childhood dream wedding....

• Well I grew up next to a church, the house my family lived in we actually rented directly from the church. So every Saturday I'd spend most of the time staring out the window at the beautiful brides and bridesmaids. I believe I was quite the dress critic back then haha. The church itself was gorgeous, and I was even a flower girl in a wedding there when I was 5.  I always imagined I'd get married there, but when Fi attended a service once a few weeks after we were engaged we realized that they were no longer a Lutheran church, and we didn't like the service at all so there went that idea.

So I guess my childood wedding dream was the picture perfect wedding, with the big poofy white dress, in the big fancy church.

However I'm going to be married in my grandparent's backyard with a dress that's not poofy at all, not to mention white looks awful on me so I'm sticking with ivory. I love all of the ideas I have for my wedding though, and outdoor ceremonies accomodate for a lot more "out of the box" kind of ideas in my opinion.
  • edited May 2010
    brit_bell, those sound like amazing memories! I actually grew up near a Jewish Synagogue, and it was a strange, small building up on a hill with some Willow trees next to it. I used to go there at night and sit in the peace and quiet. Having a place of worship nearby is always so neat. I actually pictured the brides and bridesmaids that you were talking about in my mind...that's just amazing.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Yeah, it was so neat living next to the church. So what was your childhood dream wedding!? I honestly can't wait until yu get married to see pictures, you have such great ideas!
  • I would love to take a walk down memory lane and share my childhood imaginings of what my wedding would be like but I can't I never had any really.  I've suffered with migraines since I was five.  Though now that I'm in my early thirties they have all but dissapeared. I am greatfull that I have the most wonderful fiancee in the whole world.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JKVozzaJKVozza member
    First Comment
    I don't remember any of the details, but I wanted Sleeping Beauty's blue dress!
  • Hahaha! In 1986, I saw the movie "Labyrinth", promptly fell in love with David Bowie as the Goblin King, and wanted my wedding to take place at the dramatic ball scene including the big poofy sleeved pearlescent ball gown that Jennifer Connelly wore. (I did mention this was the 80s right?) I was 6.

AphroditeJules Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards