Gothic Weddings

Dress help!

Hi everyone, I posted on here a couple times but never really introduced myself.  I'm Brittany, bride to be.  The wedding is on Oct. 30, 2011.  It's being held at the PA Renn Faire.  Theme is goth/medieval/ren/larp/hallowedding type of thing. 

I almost have everything in place except my dress!!!  I love love love this one http://www.medievalbridalfashions.com/seasonofmists.htm (i'll be getting my circlet from them- I also love the butterfly bridal mask but at $300.00 it's just not in my budget).  Like I said, looooove that dress but simply cannot afford anywhere near the $3,200.00 price tag.  I've search the internet and been through hundreds and hundreds of dresses and I can't seem to find anything similar.  My biggest concern is having a corset dress with the off the shoulders cut.  Most of the renn bridal dresses seem to be all cloth.  A lot of people have said to go have a custom one done but it seems that would carry a big price tag and I'm a bride on a tight budget.  Any website refferals? 
~*~ Lord and Lady Lombardi ~*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress help!

• edited November 2010
    Hi everyone, I posted on here a couple times but never really introduced myself.  I'm Brittany, bride to be.  The wedding is on Oct. 30, 2011.  It's being held at the PA Renn Faire.  Theme is goth/medieval/ren/larp/hallowedding type of thing. 

I almost have everything in place except my dress!!!  I love love love this one http://www.medievalbridalfashions.com/seasonofmists.htm (i'll be getting my circlet from them- I also love the butterfly bridal mask but at $300.00 it's just not in my budget).  Like I said, looooove that dress but simply cannot afford anywhere near the $3,200.00 price tag.  I've search the internet and been through hundreds and hundreds of dresses and I can't seem to find anything similar.  My biggest concern is having a corset dress with the off the shoulders cut.  Most of the renn bridal dresses seem to be all cloth.  A lot of people have said to go have a custom one done but it seems that would carry a big price tag and I'm a bride on a tight budget.  Any website refferals? 
  • Etsy.com
    you can look to find something similar or you can put a request up for someone to bid on making something similar for you.
    Pendragoncostumes.com
    They can custom make a gown, I love my corset from them.
    Romanticthreads.com
    Really pretty dresses, little expensive.
  • I am having a halloween wedding also, I am getting my dress either from this website or seeing if someone can make it for me. just search gothicweddingdresses.com and it should come up!
  • i looked at all those sites before and have been searching etsy for months and haven't found anything close to the dress I posted :( perhaps custom is the way to go hopefully I can find someone to fit my budget
  • Have you tried a seamstress? Or possibly looking at local costume shops in your area? That's what my friend is doing for her wedding, she is going for the same kind of look that you are.
  • Thanks everyone, looks like I should bring pictures of the one I like to a couple dressmakers and see what pricing they give me.  I wanna tweak the dress anyway.  Thanks for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards