It's so strange because I feel like most of you ladies have already had your big day, and there aren't very many of the engaged ladies posting. I also post in the vintage/retro board, but this one is my favorite! Sorry about the long post, but I really need to get this stuff out of my head...
1. I still need to make more payments on my gown before they order it in my size. Then it could take up to 4 months to get it. It's something to look forward to, but also kinda stressful.
2. I got a beautiful black pillar candle holder set with a glass "globe" that sits on it for the center part of the unity candle set. The glass is cut in a diamond pattern. It also has a loop off to the side of it that holds a candle snuffer. It was only $8.50 at a thrift store! We still need candle holders for the side candles. I'm thinking about getting crystal candle holders. I'm also trying to decide whether I want red or white candles. Too many decisions......
3. I found a couple rings that I really like. Ones at an antique shop. It's has a big red stone and it's tarnished, which I love, it's only $28. The others are at Walmart. One is sterling with a simulated ruby in a marquis cut and its' surrounded by CZ's. The other is beautiful, but it's just CZ's. They both cost $48.
4. Chris found some cuff links at an antique shop. We're hoping we can get them before someone else does. *crossing fingers really hard*
5. We have a good playlist started. We sit up at night after the baby goes to bed and drink a beer and look up ridiculous crap on playlist.com. It's pretty fun.
5. My awesome bridal shop attendant, Christina, used to be a wedding coordinator so I have an expert to throw ideas off of. She also knows someone that could possibly be our officiant. I guess he's not religious, which is good. I'm hoping to go to shop again this friday to try on my gown with some jewelry (I have no clue what's going to look right, STRESS!) and talk with her.
6. We ordered 100 sandalwood fans form theknot on Nov 25th. That was a big investment, but the were only .89 each. They're not the personalized ones, because I'm not crazy about that idea. We also ordered Chris's pocketwatch and I had it engraved with his initials. It's the one that has al the gears showing. I can't wait to see it!!!!
We still have a LOT to do and buy. It's starting to feel a little more stressful. I wanted to have a lot more done before 2010 rolls in. I still have over 7 months to go though, so we'll just keep plugging along. All of the little things that we need in multiples (hats, gifts, decorations, etc) are what's getting me....