California-Los Angeles

What to ask...

the bakers? So the 2 bakeries the Odyssey offers to pick your cake from, well I set both of them for tomorrow...no more guessing games...either I like it or not here we come! I've prepared myself mentally for this hehehe.

So besides pricing...what should I ask them?

TIA ladies! I can't wait to share what happens!

Re: What to ask...

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do they have the box to take the top tier (if you're planning to)?

Will they provide boxes if the guests would like to take the slice home (if they don't, it's really not that big of a deal but it would be nice to offer your guests that option)?

If you bat your eyes and say pretty please, will they make your dream Alice cake for you for $300? Kiss

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHA! you are too funny Jagore...I can imagine doing that with FI next to me...I'm so laughing right now!

::Cross your fingers::: I don't have a heart attack at the end of this!

BTW- FI and MOH said we should raise to $700, come on people I just got through the shock of $500 and now $700 when we are there it will be $1000. I think I'm taking the WRONG people with me!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need a good negotiator with you, not the people who tell you to keep upping your budget!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I would print out some insipiration photos to show them, since your cake will be unique. I looked at tons of books of cakes when I did tastings, but they were all standard wedding cakes.

In order to get exactly what you want, you may want to bring some photos!

When I did mine, I asked about their ingredients (I wanted all natural and good quality chocolate, etc- no mixes or preservatives or "vanillan", that sort of thing).

I also asked about delivery fees, rental fees for a cakestand, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really have any suggestions of what questions to ask, but I just wanted to say that I am doing my cake tasting this weekend too!!! Very exciting.  But I'm only going to one bakery cause the other one I can use I was having such a difficult just trying to schedule the tasting so I just said if I don't like the first one then I will go through the hassel of the other one.  GL with the tasting I hope they come in under your budget!Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the list of questions I used?  All of them may not be applicable to you though.
    1.     How many layers can we get for 150 people?
    2.     Can each layer be different (cake and filling)?  If so, how much additional is this?
    3.     What is your dimension of your portion size?  Do you have a sample of how big a slice should look?
    4.     Do you offer an anniversary cake?
    5.     What are your fees for delivery and set up?
    6.     How early do you deliver the cake – we get married at 5:30 pm.
    7.     What kind of stands do you have and how much additional is it to rent them?
    8.     What is your return policy for the stand?
    9.     Do you have any cake stands that light up?  If so, how much is it to rent?
    10.   Do you have any glass cake stands?  If so, how much is it to rent?11.   What is your deadline to make any changes to our cake?
    12.   What is your deadline to change the number of people?
    13.   Do you have a package that includes a grooms cake and or bridal shower cake?  If so, how much is it?
    14.   How many people should the groom’s cake feed? 

COST BREAKDOWN

Wedding Cake 

How many tiers

Circle or square

Any spaces in-between

Stand fee

Delivery and set up

Grooms cake

Bridal shower cake

HTH - GL
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! Dawn thanks ALOT for your help...I'll be printing questionsLaughing

kikikatie9- fellow traveler! GL with picking your cake...hope we have good luck this weekend!

I have TONS of Alice in Wonderland pics, hopefully we can grasp my vision!

Have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards