Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Engagement Pictures

Happy Monday Everyone!

I take engagement pictures this weekend, I was debating on if I should get my makeup professionally done or do it myself?? Im good at doing it myself, but I was wondering what most soon to be brides do?? Another reason is because I still want to look myself and not to "done-up"...what do you think? OR what did you do for pictures???

Soon to be Mrs. G

Re: Engagement Pictures

• Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it honestly depends.  I likely will just do my makeup myself as we are taking engagement pics soon, but our wedding is still over a year away.  In my opinion it seems a bit early to do a makeup trial and I really don't want to have to pay for ANOTHER day of professionals doing my makeup.  

That being said, if you don't normally wear makeup, having a professional do it can be really good because it can look more natural if you know what you are doing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cbatts2002cbatts2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I usually do my own makeup for everything, I was just wondering what most Brides do for engagement pictures! Thanks!
    Soon to be Mrs. G
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just did mine yesterday.... I did my own hair & makeup, and honestly the photographer said they turned out great. We were downtown and it was windy too . Save the money - you will look beautiful !
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think for most e-pics, brides tend to do their own. DH and I did not do formal e-pics at all. I did have a 'bridal portrait' (studio shoot) done and for that, I had my makeup professionally applied, but, on the actual wedding day, I did my own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did my own hair and make up for our e-pics.  Our photographer kept stressing that the wedding pics are ht emore formal ones and the e-pics are the more casual,  "this is our relationship" pictures. Ours turned out great!
  • Options
    cbatts2002cbatts2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!!
    Soon to be Mrs. G
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards