California-Los Angeles
Options

Outoor venue with beach view near LA??

hi - can anyone recommend some outdoor venues for weddings where the ceremony can be held with the beach as the background? I live in DC and want to get married in LA (fiance from there) but I have no idea where to even start looking. we would prefer to have the reception outside as well. 

thank you

Re: Outoor venue with beach view near LA??

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am having my ceremony and reception at Double Tree San Pedro. It's on the beach. Our ceremony will be on hotel grounds, not the sand, but the background of the ceremony will be the beach and water. We will also do our pictures on the beach.

Anniversary
  • Options
    kflachkflach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shutters is gorgeous so is the Ritz in Marina but both are pretty expensive
  • Options
    chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out La Palapa Del Mar in Long Beach. I didn't use them for wedding services, but a few L.A. Knotties have and their weddings were beautiful. When I still lived in Long Beach and would go for dinner, the food was always yummy!
  • Options
    latisalatisa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out crestmont college in rancho palos verdes.
  • Options
    akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having a our wedding at the Redondo Beach Historic Library, it's a stones throw from the beach and it's fairly reasonably priced for being so close to the beach. HTH!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Santa Monica and you could probably contact any of the hotels on Ocean Ave (Loews, Viceroy, Shutters on the Beach, Casa del Mar, etc.) and they may be able to help you. Also check out the Annenberg beach house. Around here, you can do a ceremony right on the beach/sand but not really the reception. The reception would be at one of the hotels with an ocean view but they get pricey! Good luck! Keep in mind though that these beach ceremonies around here aren't super private. It's a public beach and so people will be walking by and checking things out. You may want to look into Malibu for more private beach ceremonies. Check out places along the pacific coast highway in Malbu.

Or, go further south and it may be cheaper.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cmpooncmpoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    8/6/11 is available at a reduced rate, if interested. My email is cmpoon1@yahoo.com or 310-880-3207
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards