California-Los Angeles
Options

Dress Situation

So, yesterday I went to davids bridal to try on different slips. While putting on my dress I noticed a difference on it, it just felt way tighter and not comfortable!!! Did I gain weight?!! Anyway so I was nervous and had mixed emotions on it...didnt know what to do! So I try to sit down and the dress ripped a little! OMG I was horrified when I heard the (ripping sound)! I got up so quick it was funny! My little sister started laughing at me, but the truth is that I really wanted to cry! So after all that, I tried on the different slips and I did not like any of them. They made my dress have the trumpet look which I don't want. Do I really need one? I like my dress better without any slips. Any thoughts on this?

Re: Dress Situation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing a slip - it gets too hot and I like the way dresses just fall naturally. Have you gone to your seamstress yet? If it's too tight I am sure she can take it out a bit - that shouldn't be a problem. After all, you don't want to worry about your dress ripping on wedding day!
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be going to the seamstress (Reene) on the 22nd of August and since she told me to take anything I will be wearing under my dress, I thought I would need a slip. But I really don't like how it looks with one. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    erika13parrerika13parr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is similar to my dress and I did not wear a slip under.  I think your dress is fine without one.  Also I would wait on having a seamstress alter your dress till a month or two before the wedding.  Its amazing what happens to your body when your under stress. 
  • Options
    JenLeuJenLeu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to Erika...I would wait until you get closer to the wedding for alterations.  I'm not planning on wearing a slip either since I want to minimize the amount of layers I have on that day.  I don't think you'll need one.   Love your dress, btw!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not wearing a slip or crinoline or anything else under my dress. If you don't like the way it looks, don't wear it. I don't think you need one for your dress anyway. As far as the alterations, ditto what Erika said. You shouldn't do any letting out, or taking in for that matter, until a few months before your wedding. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! To know that I can possibliy be able to take out a bit makes me feel better. The reason why I am already going to alterations its because Reene will be adding more beading to the dress. So she said she should start now. Af for the real alterations I will wait a little more. Thanks agian for the great advice. =D
  • Options
    mrsinoctmrsinoct member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that my slip was really hot, so I'm just going to wear mine for pictures and the ceremony then take it off for the reception.
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not wearing a slip either. I think it all depends on the style of your dress. You can see my dress in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    vans i just looked at your bio. you look AMAZING in your dress.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No slip or anything for me! The dress is hot enough without adding more too it, I don't need to sweat more!As for the tear, I'm sure it was just a popped seam, which is very very easy to fix.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not wearing a slip or anything under my dress i'm getting married in a couple weeks and its been HOTT!! i dont want to be sweating up a storm at the alter so the less i can wear the better..  Oh and you can let the dress out i had to do it when i went for my alterations it was too tight and now it fits great :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do a slip either!  Do what makes you like the look of yoru dress the best (and makes you feel better because those things are hot!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards