Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Venue Suggestions?

FI and I are looking for a venue in or near Downtown Cleveland. 80% of our guest are coming in from out of town, and will be here for a long weekend, so we would like a venue near hotels and attractions. We've checked out the Hyatt, Wyndum, Renaissance (all a bit too pricey); the Metropolitan Ball Room is out (his sis's reception was there and he want something 'new'); right now we really like Windows on the River, but I'd like to check out a few more places

So I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a venue that could host approx 200 ppl for under $70 a head (including rental, dinner/drinks/cake/ and maybe centerpieces). Walking distance to a hotel is a huge plus, but not essential. 

Thanks! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Suggestions?

• Options
    Have you looked at the Key Club? I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure they can accomodate a large number of guests. It looked very nice with views of downtown and all that. Good luck!
  • Options
    I would recommend Club at Key or the City Club, but I'm not sure of the City Club's capacity.

Check out the Marriott, as well!
  • Options
    I don't know what the cost is to rent the space, but I was just at a ceremony at the Ariel International Center in Cleveland, it has a capacity for 350 so it falls within your capacity.  The outside doesn't look like too much but the inside is beautiful, and the room has a view of the Cleveland skyline and the lake and a rooftop for going on top for taking pictures and the inside has so many nooks and crannies for indoor shots, should you be caught with a bad-weather day.  You can bring your own catering and drink, which also helps to keep costs down. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:efae1ae6-2a64-49a7-b8c4-4b2bc1048030Post:a581b7e4-9527-4e2b-9415-391e6ce9b07b">Re: Venue Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what the cost is to rent the space, but I was just at a ceremony at the Ariel International Center in Cleveland, it has a capacity for 350 so it falls within your capacity.  The outside doesn't look like too much but the inside is beautiful, and the room has a view of the Cleveland skyline and the lake and a rooftop for going on top for taking pictures and the inside has so many nooks and crannies for indoor shots, should you be caught with a bad-weather day.  You can bring your own catering and drink, which also helps to keep costs down. 
    Posted by tleach08[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the suggestion. The space looks AWESOME. Definately going to have to look into it!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:efae1ae6-2a64-49a7-b8c4-4b2bc1048030Post:936a4887-3760-4246-b301-33c4526904b0">Re: Venue Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venue Suggestions? : Thanks for the suggestion. The space looks AWESOME. Definately going to have to look into it!
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm also looking at this venue. The pictures online look beautiful.  But my wedding will be around 150 people. Do you think this venue is too big for a smaller wedding? Is there a place to do the ceremony there as well? </div>
  • Options
    kkaluscakkkaluscak member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:efae1ae6-2a64-49a7-b8c4-4b2bc1048030Post:936a4887-3760-4246-b301-33c4526904b0">Re: Venue Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venue Suggestions? : Thanks for the suggestion. The space looks AWESOME. Definately going to have to look into it!
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I also thought the pictures online looked beautiful!  Were you able to get any pricing information or helpful info on the venue space?</div>
  • Options
    As an FYI, Ariel got it's liquor license, so you can no longer bring your own alcohol. You must buy through them.  Not sure what their pricing is like.
  • Options
    The Bertram is very nice and has a hotel on the grounds, but it is in Aurora
  • Options
    I just booked with Ariel International! It is so beautiful and you can do whatever you want to decorate. They just got their license but they said they will match any prices on beer and liquor that you will see in a store, they cannot charge more than state minimum. We aren't getting married until next July so we haven't really talked prices on the bar just yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards