California-Los Angeles
Options

All Married ladies!

I have a dress question...Reene suggested to cut the material under the train so that when I have the bustle on its not too heavy...I really don't know what to do since my dress material is very light (french taffeta) and the train might look see through walking down the aisle, she said it will look fine but I'm not too sure. Did you leave it as it was, and just hemmed it or did Reene or your seamstress suggest something like this?TIA

Re: All Married ladies!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not married yet but Reene chopped off all the material under my train. I'm really glad that she did because it is so much lighter and my dress is going to be bustled most of the night.
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that really helps, I will also be having it bustled for most of the reception I think.
  • Options
    csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress had a train, but the actual tulle and what not only went to the floor like a mermaid cut. It didn't have a bunch of extra fabric in addition to the train. It was taffeta and didn't look funny.
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Csun! =)
  • Options
    malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reene actually recommended the same thing for my dress, and I'm so glad I decided to do it. If you want, send me an email and I'll send you some pics of what my dress ended up looking like. malibubride at gmail
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She did the same thing to me and I am so glad she did. My dress was also taffeta and you couldn't see through it. [img]<a href="http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/jagore/_mg_3750.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/jagore/_mg_3750.jpg</a>[/img]
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Thanks everyone...I feel much better now..because guess what? She already cut it off! =O haha.Malibu09 YGM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who is this magical Renee you speak of that you're all on a first name basis with?
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Her business is Reene in Stitches. She does alterations out of her home in Woodland Hills and she's amazing!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards