July 2012 Weddings
Options

Hair/Makeup Trials

Anyone do any trials yet?  I just starting thinking about booking my trials but am not sure when to do them. 

If you had trials done, post pics!

If not, when are you planning on going?
Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Hair/Makeup Trials

• Options
    I just heard from my hair and makeup place that they're so busy during wedding season that they wanted to book it sooner rather than later. They do them on Thursday nights too but I live 2 hours away!

Any way I've scheduled mine for April 6th, and just ordered hair pins so hopefully they're in, in time! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having mine this Saturday since I'll be back in Philly. I actually don't have my veil yet, so I may need to do another one, which is annoying. I also have no idea whether I'm going to do hair up or down. My pinterest is all over the place: http://pinterest.com/lmdavis915/hair-makeup/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My trial scheduled for march 20th.
  • Options
    I actually just scheduled mine this week!

Hair: May 17th
    Makeup: June 3rd

I'm so excited!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Crap, I forgot I need to have a veil prior to doing my hair trial.  Guess I should get on that.... I have no idea what I want.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My trial is June 30th.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't have mine schedualed yet but she said she will do it the day of my last fitting. I'll go to her first then to the fitting to make sure I like everything together!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my hair trial in September.

I am not having a make up trial because I am doing that on my own.

• Options
    Fi's neice is doing my hair and we did a trial the last time they came to visit.  She is also going to help me with my make-up.  I didn't get pictures of my hair but we based it somewhat on a pinterest picture on my someday future wedding board.  The picture with the big ugly flower looking thing in the model's hair.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My shower is next Saturday (the 17th) so I scheduled both a hair trial and a makeup trial for that morning. Someone suggested doing trials on shower day, and it made a lot of sense to me.  I have no idea how I want my hair , and my veil isn't in yet, so this is more of a "let's play around and see what I like" session. Will post pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just booked mine two days ago for both makeup and hair....she's coming to my house April 1 and I will decide at that point if I want to sign with her or not. I'm also looking at some other people and their pricing as well. We decided to find someone to come out to the hotel we will be at so that we can just relax and not freak out running all over the city worried about timing. I called two others that I really really liked for makeup and im realizing how fast they book up since they had zero space available for my day.
  • Options
    I had my make-up trial in December and I scheduled my hair trial for April. I ordered my veil last month so it should be in by April, otherwise the bridal salon said I could borrow a veil for a trial any time. 

I kind of wish I had scheduled my trials for a day that I had an event to go to, but what can you do? 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hairmakeup-trials?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e789af7a-f2e0-4841-aef7-ff95d53bb2f4Post:90b6375a-2f0e-430a-a297-977edfbc0295">Re: Hair/Makeup Trials</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having mine this Saturday since I'll be back in Philly. I actually don't have my veil yet, so I may need to do another one, which is annoying. I also have no idea whether I'm going to do hair up or down. My pinterest is all over the place: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://pinterest.com/lmdavis915/hair-makeup/">http://pinterest.com/lmdavis915/hair-makeup/</a>
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

<div>I just looked at your Pinterest page and you have a pic of my cousin pinned :) She's the style me pretty girl looking down holding a bouquet. Such a small world! </div>
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I just booked my hair/make-up..so who knows for trial. -_-
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing mine in April when I'll be back in Baltimore for a few days. I'm so excited! I haven't had my hair done at a salon since I was in middle school and that was just a french braid haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am in a wedding on June 15th and we are getting our hair and makeup done at the same place I am so I am just going to have my trial done that day so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had my hair trial done last Thursday and my make-up is scheduled for next Wednesday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards