California-Los Angeles
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

Did you all have/or going to have the reheasal dinner on the same day? I want a formal reheasal dinner so I was thinking of having the church rehearsal on thursday and rehearsal dinner on Friday...fi says it should be on the same day, I told him I would ask all of you for opinions (haha) so I'm open to any ideas even if my idea doesnt sound good! I just wanted to have a real formal rehearsal dinner when everyone is looking hot opposed to t-shirts and jeans! =)Thank so much!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the rehearsal at the church first and then we are going after to have dinner, but since it is your wedding you can do whatever you feel like doing. it is your day so i think that you can choose when you want to do the dinner.
  • Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my rehearsal and the dinner on different nights. It was more of a timing thing though.If they are on different nights, I think you would be able to be more flexible with locations and times. If that's what you want to do I say go for it. My bridal party hasn't had a problem with them being on different nights.
  • Options
    malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     We did ours on the same day, too. Mostly because traffic sucks and we didn't want to make people drive twice. Our rehearsal was from 12pm-1pm. So, we had a rehearsal 'lunch' starting at 1:30pm. Then, that evening we all just met up at the lounge at Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica and celebrated.
  • Options
    23sb23sb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    same day
  • Options
    clubs&spadesclubs&spades member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd only be concerened about your attendants that would have to clear their evenings twice not including the actual wedding. It might be a pain if they're already juggling work/children with the events of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing same day mainly because it's in Santa Barbara so it would be silly to have it on different days. Rehearsal is at 3:30pm and our rehearsal cocktail party is at 6pm. You can do whatever you want but you should consider the time of day you have the rehearsal and if people will need to get out of work early and how far they have to travel. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours right after the rehearsal.  It was much easier that way because everyone was already together (we had it down the street), and my wedding was OOT.   But you can do it any way you want!
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all...now i'm thinking it might be incoveniant to have our BP clear two evening for us...hmmm maybe I can let them know that there will be a formal rehearsal dinner after the church rehearsal, so they're aware they need to dress formal.
  • Options
    meghanerhartmeghanerhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are in your bridal party and what are their occupations is probably the key questions. We have a few friends that have night/evening jobs so we're going to do it on the same night. AND i will add, i completely scheduled mine for Thursday night instead of Friday because i dont trust FI's friends to go out the night before the wedding, Call me selfish or smart, your choice! Hahaha ;) Actually most of our BP is taking Friday off to get our nails done and the boys are going to relax. The calm before the storm kind of thing
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Out of convenience for everyone in the bridal party, I think it's best to do it on the same day. They've already had to make sure they had the wedding day off that week, and I would imagine you'd have a greater risk of having someone say they can't come to either the rehearsal or dinner that way. Plus, I hate to say it but it's true... no one will think that your rehearsal is as important as you feel it may be, so I'd be tempted to make it more easy peasy for the bridal party.
  • Options
    RegmRegm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine on the same day...Yeah, wouldn't want to ask them to clear Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.....
  • Options
    jewwellyjewwelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do them both on the same day. I also don't think it's a big deal to ask people to not wear jeans. My wedding was at a country club and so you couldn't wear jeans to the rehearsal - I don't think we even told anyone they just assumed. Weddings are supposed to be nice occasions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards