Ohio-Cleveland

IN NEED OF SUGGESTIONS FOR EAST SIDE RECEPTION! please help :)

My fiance and I recently got engaged and we would like to get married May 26th of next year.  He's from Chardon and I am from the Canton area.  We plan to get married close to him, but because I am not from the area, I NEED HELP WITH RECEPTION VENUES!

We are still working out the budget but it is around 15k and probably around 150-200 people.  I have envisioned a venue that has a patio/tent covered area outdoors with the actual reception indoors.  I love Landerhaven in Mayfield Heights, but they are booked that day and is a little above our price range.  

Does any one have any suggestions?  I have only been engaged a week but I am already feeling stressed because I am unfamiliar with the area and we need to hurry and chose a place before everything is booked!

Also, what is the average distance from the ceremony that a reception should be?  If guests are traveling from out of town, is asking them to drive an additional 30-40 minutes to the reception a bit rude?

Help PLEASE! :) 

Re: IN NEED OF SUGGESTIONS FOR EAST SIDE RECEPTION! please help :)

• July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!

It sounds like you are not wishing to get married in a place of worship, so most of the options below you could do ceremony/reception in the same location.  I think trying to keep the distance between ceremony and reception under a 20 min drive is preferable if you do end up needing to do it in different locations.
    Try:
     Mooreland manor in at Lakeland Community College (although probably small for your guest list)
    Holden Arboretum
    Look up wineries in Geneva
    If you have any friends that are Case grads, they could probably sponsor you for space at Squire Valleevue
    Patterson Fruit farm has a banquet area I think it's called Orchard Center or something like that

That's all I have for now.
    Unfortunately a lot of these places don't necessarily have room for a full 200 sitting down for dinner inside (that was a lot of the problem I was running into with a guest list of only 150) but at least check them out and see if they meet your needs

Also, call as soon as possible as I know a lot of spaces were filling up for June and July 2012 already when I booked in January.  Even if you can't view the space immediately, a lot of spaces will pencil you in for the date and give you a call if there is threat that someone else may also be interested in the same date.

Good Luck and hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at Pine Ridge Country Club in Wickliffe, and its beautiful.  It would be a great place for the reception, its indoors, and not that far from the freeway so it would be easy for your guests. 
    check it out:  http://www.dinoscatering.com/

I second the 'dont hesitate to book'  I booked Pine Ridge 1.5 yrs in advance and i know they are booking 2013 weddings already. 

other great places,

hillbrook in chagrin falls
    punderson
    stan hywett hall

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation for Pine Ridge, it's beautiful and affordable!  We are having our reception there in Sept this year
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Holden Arboretum and with a guest list of 200, you would have to rent a tent. I do not particularly like the indoor area that would hold that number. Landerhaven is beautiful, but expensive! There are planty of other places! Also check hotels with banquet rooms!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Manakiki in Willoughby Hills.  It is beautiful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards